Nikon D3100 DSLR – No Manual Video Control??
September 28, 2010
Ok, believe it or not, I get hate mail about some of my comments on this blog. (you know who you are, and I don’t know why you bother to continue reading this blog?). Mainly because this blog seems Canon biased. Ok I admit I am biased, but i’ve been really trying to give Nikon a chance with the new cameras they have being released. In fact, just read my blog post over a month ago: http://cheesycam.com/nikon-d3100-1080hd-autofocusing-in-video-new-lenses/
The Nikon D3100 was supposed to go toe to toe with Canon T2i shooters, but just check out the video review above. No Manual Video Controls?? Aside from that biggest deal breaker, the 1080 resolution leaves you with ‘ONLY’ 24fps and not the normal 29.97. There is no option for 60 frames per second, anywhere. Umm..i’ll leave it at that to minimize the amount of Nikon hate mail coming in, but for those of you who question this blog, take a look at the latest Nikon release into consumer HD Video. But hey if you’re only into photography, Nikon does make some pretty sweet lenses.
[Update] Just a reminder, here’s two of my favorite Nikon videos posted on this blog that i’ve raved about.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Tery Wilson on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Alex on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Gordon on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Digital Dub on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- JKPinPDX on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Hawkeye Pierce on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Barry on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording