GH2 on Baby Merlin (modified Steadicam Smoothee)
February 15, 2012
The GH2 or other small video cameras are very lightweight and the selection for a quality stabilizer are few. Lately, there’s been some interest around modifying a Steadicam Smoothee to work with such light cameras. I was able to modify one successfully, but I never got around to showing it’s full capabilities. So it’s great to see other examples out there, and here’s one of the best videos i’ve seen so far about a modified Smoothee (a.k.a Baby Merlin) with a GH2 camera from Vimeo member MKVideoFilms.
If you want to find out how to modify your own, there’s an article posted here: http://cheesycam.com/diy-steadicam-smoothee-mod-cheesycam-baby-merlin/
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Eliu on Glide Gear DEV Dolly Giveaway
- Ryan on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Hogo on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Chas on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Mike_Rea on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- deceres on Best Quadcopter for 2015 – DJI Phantom 3 or 3DR Solo Smart Quadcopter?
- Goubier on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like