Wondlan’s earliest DSLR products were pretty blah, but when they started pushing out their ’sniper’ or ‘target shooter’ type rigs, they started making a bit of noise in the scene. My guess is they are doing pretty well since they are now expanding their lineup of previously only small parts. In 2011, here’s one of their latest Full Shoulder rigs. Yes, everything you see above (except camera & battery pack) is part of the package including shoulder pad, extended handles, matte box, battery mount, top handle, LCD Monitor, and follow focus w/ whip. I personally don’t think it’s very aesthetically appealing in turquoise/silver, but Wondlan’s new rigs are often being compared to Gini’s quality. Current price not so exciting…
Another new product for Wondlan is their ‘Leopard Vest system’ (happy it’s not in actual leopard print). The cheapest off the shelf vest systems still run over $1200, but are pretty much crap. If Wondlan’s latest vest system is anything like their shoulder rig quality, the price doesn’t seem too overkill.
It almost comes close to the total price of my Hybrid system using a Steadicam Vest & Glidecam HD4000. Wondlan’s Leopard Vest system is spec’d out to handle 10 pound loads, comes with a Monitor and Matte Box (most likely does not come with a V mount battery). It will probably be a while before we see any video reviews on this, but if you happen to run into something, leave them in the comments.
Like Subscribe Follow
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Porter Case – Camera Hard Case Carry On + Hand Truck Dolly
- ron on Porter Case – Camera Hard Case Carry On + Hand Truck Dolly
- Emm on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- Alain Wong on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- AP on Classifieds
- brian on Final Days – Savings on Manfrotto Video Products
- martin on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
- Sebastian TR on UPDATE: Cheesycam Independent LED Video Light Test Project
B&H Photo Video
New Zoom H6