I shoot a lot with smaller cameras, and i’ve tried plenty of small camera sliders. The IGUS was the best thing working for me when I cut it down to about 24″, but now it’s all about Varavon’s new Slidecam Lite. This thing is very light, but solid. I’m very pleased with the overall build and finish of the product. The only thing I wished they would have provided is a seperate pouch for the legs. Everything is placed inside the slider bag, but once you unpack the bubble wrap you’ll be putting the legs in with the slider. I feel like the aluminum legs will be scuffing together. It would have been nice to see separate pouches for the legs like what Konova provides.
[Update] Here’s a link to the Slidecam Lite manual on how to adjust Friction with the Bearings (click here).
I don’t plan to use it for much more than my small vacations and casual travel plans, but it feels like it slide a normal sized DSLR with a wide lens pretty good. This thing is not too short, not too long, and easy to hang on my camera backpack. I’ll have a video up soon where I show what’s in the bag and have it next to the larger Konova K5 Slider for size reference. If you like shooting with smaller cameras, but still want all the creativeness a slider, this Varavon is definitely a must have in the gear bag and it only took a few days to get here.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Rich on DIY : Gopro Hero 3 Black with External Canon LP-E6 Canon Battery
- Dale on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- CameraRick on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Emm on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Randall on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Emm on Seetec / Scope 3.5″ EVF Loupe
- Emm on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording