I shoot a lot with smaller cameras, and i’ve tried plenty of small camera sliders. The IGUS was the best thing working for me when I cut it down to about 24″, but now it’s all about Varavon’s new Slidecam Lite. This thing is very light, but solid. I’m very pleased with the overall build and finish of the product. The only thing I wished they would have provided is a seperate pouch for the legs. Everything is placed inside the slider bag, but once you unpack the bubble wrap you’ll be putting the legs in with the slider. I feel like the aluminum legs will be scuffing together. It would have been nice to see separate pouches for the legs like what Konova provides.
[Update] Here’s a link to the Slidecam Lite manual on how to adjust Friction with the Bearings (click here).
I don’t plan to use it for much more than my small vacations and casual travel plans, but it feels like it slide a normal sized DSLR with a wide lens pretty good. This thing is not too short, not too long, and easy to hang on my camera backpack. I’ll have a video up soon where I show what’s in the bag and have it next to the larger Konova K5 Slider for size reference. If you like shooting with smaller cameras, but still want all the creativeness a slider, this Varavon is definitely a must have in the gear bag and it only took a few days to get here.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- Josh on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- CarsonWA on Hyperlapse App Instantly Smooths Hand Held iPhone Time Lapse via Instagram
- getem on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- ak on NEW: Kamerar QV-1 LCD View Finder Kit (QB-15 Quick Base)
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Adali on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- K C on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer