You won’t find many of my DIY’s using PVC, but here’s one I think is worth mentioning. Submitted by Hal Robertson, I think it’s a project just about anyone can tackle in an afternoon and an ice cream budget. If you’re like me, they have the exact same parts available in at least Copper Piping, which I would personally use over PVC. Of course metal pipes are a bit more expensive and requires a little bit more tooling to work with.
This simple design has a few nice features. The double seperated rails keep the rig from rolling off the shoulder, and the angled brackets to the rear provide a shoulder rest and a counterweight mount. There’s a crap load of photos, and If you want to check out the complete set of parts, and build instructions, head on over to Hal’s blogspot: http://compactvideo.blogspot.com. Hey Hal, why isn’t Cheesycam.com on your BlogRoll? LOL. [Thanks Hal]
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Andrew on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Kenji on Samsung NX1 4K Video Mirrorless Camera
- Luca on Control New Tascam DR-22WL DR-44WL Audio Recorders over Wi-Fi
- Will on Canon Announces new EOS 7D Mark II
- Emm on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Gordon Brown on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Alan on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors