NEW – Pico Flex Table Dolly
August 31, 2011
Since the inception of the SpiderTrax dolly, there have been quite a few iterations from a number of different companies. Those units on the market were either still pretty large, or built with poor quality. This time around, I wanted to focus on flexibility and portability. I tried to achieve the highest quality possible, in the smallest footprint, and still make it the most affordable for the community. So today i’m showing you guys the Pico Flex Table dolly. It’s still based on the 4 wheel two axle design which I showed a few years ago on the SpiderTrax. The reason for this is because it is much more time consuming to properly align any three wheel design (in case you were considering one). There’s no need to look into any other table dolly system as this one still performs as good, and traveling with it is even easier. You’ll also be quite happy with the initial price.
Although you can spin your dolly around like a madman, when used slowly they can create some interesting footage. Here’s a two year old video I shot when experimenting with my first dolly. Just slight rotation moving slowly on a table.
It’s as small as you can go, while still being able to mount a regular sized Fluid head and support a normal sized Canon DSLR. The main purpose of this product is to just have fun and get creative shots. There are three threaded mounting points to attach friction arms which allow for the lowest possible angle in a camera, as well as adding a number of accessories. Of course if you want to sling a DSLR upside down (as shown in the video), you can counterbalance the weight with another accessory (notice the LED light in the video used with the upside down DSLR).
Pico Dolly w/ Zacuto EVF as Monitor. Also 240 LED Video Light.
The Pico is complete fun for iPhones, GoPro cameras, Small Point and shoot HD Video cameras (like my HX9V), and Micro Four Thirds. Perfect for that new Sony NEX-5n, NEX-7, or even Olympus EP-3. You can purchase the Pico alone, which is a great price. There’s a bundle with a friction arm which brings the price up slightly. The Pico Flex Skater Table Dolly and Accessories are available now. (click here for Pico Flex Skater Dolly)
Order Pico Flex Table Dolly – PhotographyandCinema.com
- OliviaTech » Pico Dolly for iPhone, Point and Shoot or DSLR
- Pico Dolly: Pint-Sized Wheels for Cameras
- Pico Flex Dolly Update » CheesyCam
- Pico Flex Dolly Available via Amazon » CheesyCam
- Pico Flex Dolly International » CheesyCam
- Fancier Small Camera Ball Head Mount » CheesyCam
- Simple Flexible Tripod Mod » CheesyCam
- New Gear – DSLR Cinema Skater Dolly » CheesyCam
- Sneek Peak Cinema Skater DSLR Dolly » CheesyCam
- Velbon PH-368 Fluid Head – Back In Stock » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime