The great thing about building your own rig is being able to design it specifically for your own needs. Of course most of how we assemble things together are based on what products are available to us. When we’re introduced to new products, it opens up so much more possibilities. Industry standard 15mm rails are great for building form and support for your cameras, but here’s a new concept that also add more function.
The P&C Swiss Rod has a few inches of 15mm rod on each end, and in the middle are alternating threaded and non-threaded holes. The pass through is designed so that items like a hot shoe can be positioned correctly before tightening. The male/female ends of the Swiss Rod are industry standard and can be used to extend (attach) to other manufacturer rods like Gini, Letus, and I believe even Zacuto, and more. The wide squarish design of the rod also helps nano clamps from slipping.
Even if you’re not trying to replace rails on your build, by just adding a single P&C Swiss Rod, you open up totally new mounting options. The 1/4″ studs can always be stepped up to 3/8″ if needed. Taking advantage of the basic threaded ports, we’ve also found creative ways to mount the Swiss Rods on light stands or on the hot shoe of the camera to hold many accessories. With several items attached to one rod, the entire rod becomes a quick release system mounted to a simple 15mm clamp. The rods will be available from PhotographyandCinema.com
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Mounting Accessories to 15mm Rigs » CheesyCam
- P&C Swiss Rod 15mm Accessory Rail – Available » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Sam on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- pepe on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- LB on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- Emm on Record Backup Audio Tracks with the ALZO 3.5 Female to XLR Stereo Adapter Cord
- ElBurke on Record Backup Audio Tracks with the ALZO 3.5 Female to XLR Stereo Adapter Cord
- Sam on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Ships July 1st
- Emm on LIBEC ALLEX S Tripod + Video Fluid Head + Slider Kit
- J Toha on LIBEC ALLEX S Tripod + Video Fluid Head + Slider Kit