[Disclaimer: CarrySpeed.com is now a distribution partner with PhotographyandCinema.com. We are now working together to bring unique, innovative, high quality, and affordable products to the Photography and Video industry. The MagFilter review below is one of our products.]
Sorry for the long wait, but here is the official announcement about the new MagFilter System by CarrySpeed.com. This is the Polarizer i’ve been using with my Sony RX100 cameras. I was able to help with some ideas on this fast and simple filter solution that can be used with many of today’s high end compact cameras, while leaving the camera virtually unaltered.
The MagFilter System uses strong magnets within the Aluminum filter body, and attaches to the front area of high end compact cameras systems with a very thin metal ring that adheres to the camera.
Using high quality coated glass optics from Japan, the Polarizer is the first MagFilters that will be available this week. There are two different sizes that can support a variety of cameras. The 42mm MagFilter works on cameras like the Sony HX9V, HX10V, HX20V, HX30V, and of course the new Sony RX100.
The smaller 36mm MagFilter works on cameras like the Canon S95 and Canon S100. I’ve been testing the Polarizer for a few weeks, and it works to cut glare from reflective surfaces such as water, glass, leaves, and even helps retain information in the sky.
One thing I noticed is that the Sony RX100 seems to retain more details in the shadows when using the polarizer, possibly because it cuts down on those specular highlights in the scenery. With very bright highlights, the Sony RX100 will try to retain this by slightly underexposing. With the highlights being controlled in the scene, it seems like you can get a more balanced exposure – at least that’s what i’ve experienced in some of my tests.
First shipment should be available this week, and you can find out more about the new MagFilter System for high end compact cameras at http://CarrySpeed.com.
Carry Speed MagFilter System for High End Compact Cameras
Also, the two available sizes from the MagFilter System cover a wide range of cameras. If you’re unsure about which filter will fit your camera, you can Download and Print a Template to test on your camera (here).
Download MagFilter System Template
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- MagFilter Bump Test » CheesyCam
- Carry Speed MagFilter Polarizer – Officially Available » CheesyCam
- MagFilter Threaded Ring Adapter for Point and Shoot Cameras » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- John Griswell on Panasonic DMC-LX100 4K Compact Camera In Stock
- Marcin Rusinowski on Varavon Cage for BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on New CAME 6000 Ready to Run (RTR) 2-Axis Active Gimbal Stabilizer
- Diego on New CAME 6000 Ready to Run (RTR) 2-Axis Active Gimbal Stabilizer
- Bob Peak on Panasonic DMC-LX100 4K Compact Camera In Stock
- Glenn on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Jan on Canon FD Lens + GH4 + FotoDiox ND Throttle Adapter Samples
- Emm on Canon FD Lens + GH4 + FotoDiox ND Throttle Adapter Samples