GoPro HD Hero Dive Housing – New Flat Lens?
January 13, 2012
(above) Possible GoPro Flat Lens Housing – Winter 2012
For years people have known that the stock GoPro Hero curved lens housing caused soft images underwater. We did a test not long ago showing how different a flat lens is compared to the stock GoPro (click here).
Several different companies addressed the problem with aftermarket flat lens kits, but where was GoPro’s answer all this time? Well earlier today, Michael wrote in and shared some information about a GoPro Hero ‘Dive Housing’. He’s including some images from the GoPro product manual. States it would be available in Winter of 2012, compatible with HD Hero and HD Hero 2 cameras, for an MSRP of $49.99. I couldn’t find any more information on the internet about this so far, looks like some exclusive stuff, spread the word. [Thanks Michael].
From the Manual
Available Winter 2012
The Flat Lens Housing provides maximum photo and video sharpness underwater in all resolutions.
The HD HERO’s standard housing features a curved lens to maximize a wider field of view above water while keeping the lens as small as possible. While brilliant for above water use, the curved lens reduces the sharpness of photos and videos when used underwater. The Flat Lens Housing features a large, flat, lens that capture sharp photos and video above and underwater in any resolution setting. Waterproof to 197ft/60m, the Flat Lens Housing is ideal for diving, snorkeling, and any underwater filming scenario.
The Flat Lens Housing is compatible with the HD HERO, HD HERO2, and all GoPro Mounts and Accessories.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Emm on SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Adapter with Sony RX10 Mark II
- Jeremy Dulac on SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Adapter with Sony RX10 Mark II
- Ivar on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- alex on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Tex Willer on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- David on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- Oz on Benro S2 S4 Video Head and New Video Monopods