Above is the famous little photo sent in by Johan about his DIY DSLR rig using Automotive Plug Wire Clamps. I originally posted this article: http://cheesycam.com/diy-dslr-rig-four-thirds-rig/. I really liked the look of this thing, but couldn’t decide if it were going to be beefy enough to support an actual DSLR. It’s hard to visualize the support rods actual dimensions.Well I got a chance to find some rods and Yes, they are very beefy indeed.
While cruising around random aisles in my local Walmart (searching for items for another DIY), I happened upon the Camping aisle and found an awesome set of Black Fiberglass Tent Poles! For just $6.88 a set, one set can complete a simple DIY DSLR rig. Especially for something as simple as a Canon 550D, T2i, Sony NEX-3 / NEX-5, and other Four-Thirds cameras.
So I grabbed a set of these black Fiberglass tent rods from the Walmart camping aisle and immediately placed an order on the plug wire clamps. They just came in today so I’m very curious as to what I can come up with for a fun little support rod rig.
Stay tuned, oh and more information on Johan’s DIY DSLR rig and where to buy the clamps can be found at this article: http://cheesycam.com/diy-dslr-rig-four-thirds-rig/
more photos from Johan’s rig
- DIY DSLR Shoulder Rig – by Derek » CheesyCam
- Plug Wire Clamp DIY Shooter » CheesyCam
- DIY – iPhone Cinema Kit » CheesyCam
- Two DIY’s for a Birthday » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- vladbox on 2 For 1 Deal – Tascam TH02 Closed-Back Headphones
- John on 312 / 508 / 876 LED Video Light Overview
- Emm on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- Damian on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- mark fraunhofer on Varavon Slider Crank Handle Upgrade Kit
- Emm on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Thomas on Steadicam Merlin Vest with Glidecam HD1000 / HD2000 / HD4000 Stabilizers
- Don on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
Black Friday Deals - Advertisement