Above is the famous little photo sent in by Johan about his DIY DSLR rig using Automotive Plug Wire Clamps. I originally posted this article: http://cheesycam.com/diy-dslr-rig-four-thirds-rig/. I really liked the look of this thing, but couldn’t decide if it were going to be beefy enough to support an actual DSLR. It’s hard to visualize the support rods actual dimensions.Well I got a chance to find some rods and Yes, they are very beefy indeed.
While cruising around random aisles in my local Walmart (searching for items for another DIY), I happened upon the Camping aisle and found an awesome set of Black Fiberglass Tent Poles! For just $6.88 a set, one set can complete a simple DIY DSLR rig. Especially for something as simple as a Canon 550D, T2i, Sony NEX-3 / NEX-5, and other Four-Thirds cameras.
So I grabbed a set of these black Fiberglass tent rods from the Walmart camping aisle and immediately placed an order on the plug wire clamps. They just came in today so I’m very curious as to what I can come up with for a fun little support rod rig.
Stay tuned, oh and more information on Johan’s DIY DSLR rig and where to buy the clamps can be found at this article: http://cheesycam.com/diy-dslr-rig-four-thirds-rig/
more photos from Johan’s rig
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- DIY DSLR Shoulder Rig – by Derek » CheesyCam
- Plug Wire Clamp DIY Shooter » CheesyCam
- DIY – iPhone Cinema Kit » CheesyCam
- Two DIY’s for a Birthday » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Keith Moreau on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Connor on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Simon on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Jesse Lee on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Dan on Rode invisiLav Discreet Lavalier Mounting System
- Adam Jeal on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Jason on Custom Fancier 717 Fluid Head Quick Release – Teaser