There are two things i’m playing with in this video. The first is the LCDVF from jag35.com which is a View Finder adapter that magnifies your lcd so that you can clearly see what’s in focus or not. (Similar to Z-Finder by Zacuto, but cheaper). It came with two mounts which work great for my 5D Mark II & 7D.
The Second is a cheap $30.00 dollar Shoulder Support from Amazon.
If you prefer eBay over Amazon, grab the item here!!
Well the LCDVF works awesome but I was a bit unsteady shooting handheld and focusing at the same time. I needed a bit more supprt, but something not too professional looking so that I can take around in public places. I saw this video http://vimeo.com/1658379 and decided to grab one.
I decided to order one for $24.00 dollars. Well I guess I can’t complain. It supports the weight of the camera so that I can concentrate on focusing. For someone who’s just starting out, $24.00 dollars is not a bad deal… Here’s a link.
Here’s the product.
You can find the shoulder support from eBay by clicking this link, or the image below.
This item below is the Hoodman loupe. They also sell bands to mount it to a DSLR to help you see the LCD and focus better. This is cheaper than the LCDVF or the ZFINDER (from Zacuto).
Other Items of Interest
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- James Westray on Flycam Nano, Flycam Nano DSLR, Flycam 3000
- Emm on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- Dez on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- Emm on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Emm on Record Backup Audio Tracks with the ALZO 3.5 Female to XLR Stereo Adapter Cord
- Tom on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Tim Choi (Varavon) on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Pudge on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video