There are two things i’m playing with in this video. The first is the LCDVF from jag35.com which is a View Finder adapter that magnifies your lcd so that you can clearly see what’s in focus or not. (Similar to Z-Finder by Zacuto, but cheaper). It came with two mounts which work great for my 5D Mark II & 7D.
The Second is a cheap $30.00 dollar Shoulder Support from Amazon.
If you prefer eBay over Amazon, grab the item here!!
Well the LCDVF works awesome but I was a bit unsteady shooting handheld and focusing at the same time. I needed a bit more supprt, but something not too professional looking so that I can take around in public places. I saw this video http://vimeo.com/1658379 and decided to grab one.
I decided to order one for $24.00 dollars. Well I guess I can’t complain. It supports the weight of the camera so that I can concentrate on focusing. For someone who’s just starting out, $24.00 dollars is not a bad deal… Here’s a link.
Here’s the product.
You can find the shoulder support from eBay by clicking this link, or the image below.
This item below is the Hoodman loupe. They also sell bands to mount it to a DSLR to help you see the LCD and focus better. This is cheaper than the LCDVF or the ZFINDER (from Zacuto).
Other Items of Interest
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording
- hoang on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording
- Southerndude on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Antz on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- PATRICK LOCKERMAN on Proaim’s New BasePlate for ViewFinder
- Saskatoon Wedding Films on News Release: Libec New for NAB 2014 ALLEX Tripod + Head + Slider
- Emm on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Emm on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip