Tilta BMPCC BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Cage
December 9, 2013
When it comes to the #BMPCC, there’s a few accessories you may want to add-on, and so a solid cage is a good starting point to carry these extras. Adding on a pair of 15mm rails will get you even further when it comes to mounting video accessories. I’ve shared a few BMPCC cages on this blog, but here’s an actual look at the parts and assembly of the new Tilta BMPCC Cage [BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Cage].
Tilta is well known for their build quality and finish in products, typically targeting high end camera models. This new Titla BMPCC Cage is no exception. Optionally the Tilta Cage can be purchased with a Top Handle and a set of Rails. The rails are mounted through a quick release system under the main cage, and you still have full access to all ports, battery, and sdxc card slot. An HDMI Lock is included to keep your cable in place and to prevent damage to your camera. [Note: using this lock can block access to your DC input]
The only things I’ve found to be of small concern is the low profile Top Handle that gets in the way of my RedRock Micro Live Lens adapter. I’m unable to attach or remove the RRM adapter when the Tilta Top handle is mounted. The silver-ish finish on the rails look great, but one pass and they are easily scratched up. This doesn’t affect any functionality of course. Overall a solid product for mounting accessories to your BMPCC.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Marc B. on Sony FS7 180 FPS Slow Motion + SLOG-2 Video Test
- Bryan on Glide Gear DEV Dolly Giveaway
- kicap on NAB2015 – Filmpower Nebula 4000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Alan Brown on NAB2015 – Filmpower Nebula 4000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Habez on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries
- Getem on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Emm on IndiProTools Power Pods Power Anything with LP-E6 Batteries