T3i 3x Zoom w/ 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro
February 27, 2011
Wanted to put the T3i’s new 3x Zoom featuer to the paces, so I shot some bugs with the 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro. At 10x you do notice it gets soft and it’s pretty hard to see what’s going on with these little guys. So for now here’s an all 3x Zoom video which shows the original camera position. (except for the first few seconds. You’ll see the text change). The shakiness was because it was a windy day, it’s not from the camera. It’s also pretty hard to pan at 3x Macro, everything is exaggerated.
I know what you’re thinking. Wow, what a rare treat to find a flower full of sooo many lady bugs with great fill lighting? A very unique experience to have outside in nature. Ok, I admit. I cheated. Just a little.
I’m going to try this again in a more controlled environment when I get my real lights setup. I was at home and limited to what I could use. You can’t use bulbs that generate too much heat or the flower will wilt and the lady bugs will ‘crisp’. These little FLO’s don’t output as much as the LED panels which i’ll try (maybe tomorrow).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Ant on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Rushdi Baharum on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- chaouchnabil on CAMETV 8000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Supports Large and Heavier Camera Systems
- Ivan on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Apostolos on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest
- MarkR on New Upgraded CAME-TV 7800 Model Overview
- kuban on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card