Wanted to put the T3i’s new 3x Zoom featuer to the paces, so I shot some bugs with the 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro. At 10x you do notice it gets soft and it’s pretty hard to see what’s going on with these little guys. So for now here’s an all 3x Zoom video which shows the original camera position. (except for the first few seconds. You’ll see the text change). The shakiness was because it was a windy day, it’s not from the camera. It’s also pretty hard to pan at 3x Macro, everything is exaggerated.
I know what you’re thinking. Wow, what a rare treat to find a flower full of sooo many lady bugs with great fill lighting? A very unique experience to have outside in nature. Ok, I admit. I cheated. Just a little.
I’m going to try this again in a more controlled environment when I get my real lights setup. I was at home and limited to what I could use. You can’t use bulbs that generate too much heat or the flower will wilt and the lady bugs will ‘crisp’. These little FLO’s don’t output as much as the LED panels which i’ll try (maybe tomorrow).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Owen on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Derrick on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- SpartaBear on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- nate on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- freiheit on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- eikerir on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- juan on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo