T3i 3x Zoom w/ 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro
February 27, 2011
Wanted to put the T3i’s new 3x Zoom featuer to the paces, so I shot some bugs with the 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro. At 10x you do notice it gets soft and it’s pretty hard to see what’s going on with these little guys. So for now here’s an all 3x Zoom video which shows the original camera position. (except for the first few seconds. You’ll see the text change). The shakiness was because it was a windy day, it’s not from the camera. It’s also pretty hard to pan at 3x Macro, everything is exaggerated.
I know what you’re thinking. Wow, what a rare treat to find a flower full of sooo many lady bugs with great fill lighting? A very unique experience to have outside in nature. Ok, I admit. I cheated. Just a little.
I’m going to try this again in a more controlled environment when I get my real lights setup. I was at home and limited to what I could use. You can’t use bulbs that generate too much heat or the flower will wilt and the lady bugs will ‘crisp’. These little FLO’s don’t output as much as the LED panels which i’ll try (maybe tomorrow).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Alex Talis on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Petter Sand on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- AO&JO Photography on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Taylor on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers