Wanted to put the T3i’s new 3x Zoom featuer to the paces, so I shot some bugs with the 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro. At 10x you do notice it gets soft and it’s pretty hard to see what’s going on with these little guys. So for now here’s an all 3x Zoom video which shows the original camera position. (except for the first few seconds. You’ll see the text change). The shakiness was because it was a windy day, it’s not from the camera. It’s also pretty hard to pan at 3x Macro, everything is exaggerated.
I know what you’re thinking. Wow, what a rare treat to find a flower full of sooo many lady bugs with great fill lighting? A very unique experience to have outside in nature. Ok, I admit. I cheated. Just a little.
I’m going to try this again in a more controlled environment when I get my real lights setup. I was at home and limited to what I could use. You can’t use bulbs that generate too much heat or the flower will wilt and the lady bugs will ‘crisp’. These little FLO’s don’t output as much as the LED panels which i’ll try (maybe tomorrow).
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Russ Roca on JuicedLink Review Zoom H6, Zoom H4n, Tascam DR-60D, RM333
- Nedd J on Custom Metal Plate In Pelican Hard Case For Monitor Mount
- Emm on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Nacho on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Johnny on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- RoKo on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Emm on Alzo 200 Economy CFL Softbox Demonstration
- Emm on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles