Tekkeon myPower Battery Pack 5V-19V
September 15, 2011
Don’t get me wrong. I’m still loving my little 5V USB / 12V Battery packs that can power many things, but it comes up short if I need to power up the 900 LED video light panels at full brightness. The 900 LED video light requires 14V DC. There’s a number of different DIY battery packs I can make but that would limit me to just one voltage. Instead of going straight into the expensive V-Mount batteries, this Tekkeon universal batttery pack (a cheaper solution) allows me to power up virtually anything between 5V and 19V. All it takes to power up any accessory is flip of a few dim switches and select one of the many universal sized power tips. I’m going to give this battery a full charge and then test the run time at full brightness.
These batteries have been fairly popular with DSLR rigs too. If you’re looking to mount this battery on to your rigs, maybe to power up your audio recorders, LED video lights, or even find a way to power up your camera, CPMFilmTools has a snap package specifically for these batteries. Purchase the batteries from CPM and the snap package is free.
CPMFilmTools Tekkeon Battery Snap Package
There are many versions of the Tekkeon battery, and I purchased the 3450i specifically because of the features it offers. The best price I could find online was over at B&H (click here).
Tekkeon myPower All Plus Battery 5V-19V DC
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Tekkeon Battery + 900 LED Test » CheesyCam
- Working on Konova Vest Arm Camera Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- Tekkeon to Camera AC Wall Adapter » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Daniel on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC