Don’t get me wrong. I’m still loving my little 5V USB / 12V Battery packs that can power many things, but it comes up short if I need to power up the 900 LED video light panels at full brightness. The 900 LED video light requires 14V DC. There’s a number of different DIY battery packs I can make but that would limit me to just one voltage. Instead of going straight into the expensive V-Mount batteries, this Tekkeon universal batttery pack (a cheaper solution) allows me to power up virtually anything between 5V and 19V. All it takes to power up any accessory is flip of a few dim switches and select one of the many universal sized power tips. I’m going to give this battery a full charge and then test the run time at full brightness.
These batteries have been fairly popular with DSLR rigs too. If you’re looking to mount this battery on to your rigs, maybe to power up your audio recorders, LED video lights, or even find a way to power up your camera, CPMFilmTools has a snap package specifically for these batteries. Purchase the batteries from CPM and the snap package is free.
CPMFilmTools Tekkeon Battery Snap Package
There are many versions of the Tekkeon battery, and I purchased the 3450i specifically because of the features it offers. The best price I could find online was over at B&H (click here).
Tekkeon myPower All Plus Battery 5V-19V DC
- Tekkeon Battery + 900 LED Test » CheesyCam
- Working on Konova Vest Arm Camera Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- Tekkeon to Camera AC Wall Adapter » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Nacho on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Johnny on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- RoKo on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Emm on Alzo 200 Economy CFL Softbox Demonstration
- Emm on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Jason on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Rob S. on Alzo 200 Economy CFL Softbox Demonstration