Just posted a few days ago, YouTube member djteebz appears to be the first with his review on the little 5.6″ external LCD. The video below is an unboxing, run through of the feature menu, along with some pros and cons with the Canon 5D Mark II.
Where’s my Swivi Review? Well the Swivi has a built in miniHDMI male ended cable. This connects directly to any camera with a miniHDMI port, but because of this you can’t use it remotely with a long HDMI cable. So before I posted my own review I ordered a small miniHDMI female to female coupler.
(click image for product)
This little coupler (ideally) would allow me to use the Swivi as a remote monitor if I wanted to use it on a Jib / Crane. Well unfortunately shipping from overseas takes several weeks, and i’m still waiting. Swivi units are available on eBay (click here)
- Sneek Peak Cinema Skater DSLR Dolly » CheesyCam
- Swivi 5.6″ External HDMI LCD – 48 Hour Price Drop » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Rich on DIY : Gopro Hero 3 Black with External Canon LP-E6 Canon Battery
- Dale on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- CameraRick on LCD Sunhoods ViewFinders EVF Monitors
- Emm on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Randall on Servo City Motorized Kit for IGUS W1080-B Slider
- Emm on Seetec / Scope 3.5″ EVF Loupe
- Emm on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording