Steady Dragon Camera Stabilizer
January 23, 2012
There’s a million different little stabilizers on the market, but about a month ago (maybe a bit longer), the Steady Dragon brand upgraded the Gimbal to a universal joint. This type of gimbal provides the maximum amount of range compared to the little Ball-and-Socket type like found in the Hague MMC. The Steady Dragon seems to have all the right parts with front and rear counterweights, side to side weights, and adjustment of the camera forward and back.
With the optional camera plate, you can also add side to side from the top stage. A Tripod mount is also available so you can dock your camera. There’s ways to create your own stabilizer with U-Joint from a Traxxas RC, but If you’re not the DIY type, this little stabilizer looks like a good start for small cameras and under a hundred bucks. The Steady Dragon states it’s rated to balance cameras just around 3 lbs and you can find some demo videos following the link (click here).
Steady Dragon Video Camera Stabilizer Streadicam
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Emm on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- David Zung on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Tim Ciasto on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Dylan on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- mike_tee_vee on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Erik K on Final Days – Savings on Manfrotto Video Products
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit