Steady Dragon Camera Stabilizer
January 23, 2012
There’s a million different little stabilizers on the market, but about a month ago (maybe a bit longer), the Steady Dragon brand upgraded the Gimbal to a universal joint. This type of gimbal provides the maximum amount of range compared to the little Ball-and-Socket type like found in the Hague MMC. The Steady Dragon seems to have all the right parts with front and rear counterweights, side to side weights, and adjustment of the camera forward and back.
With the optional camera plate, you can also add side to side from the top stage. A Tripod mount is also available so you can dock your camera. There’s ways to create your own stabilizer with U-Joint from a Traxxas RC, but If you’re not the DIY type, this little stabilizer looks like a good start for small cameras and under a hundred bucks. The Steady Dragon states it’s rated to balance cameras just around 3 lbs and you can find some demo videos following the link (click here).
Steady Dragon Video Camera Stabilizer Streadicam
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Ant on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Rushdi Baharum on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- chaouchnabil on CAMETV 8000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Supports Large and Heavier Camera Systems
- Ivan on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Apostolos on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest
- MarkR on New Upgraded CAME-TV 7800 Model Overview
- kuban on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card