Steady Dragon Camera Stabilizer
January 23, 2012
There’s a million different little stabilizers on the market, but about a month ago (maybe a bit longer), the Steady Dragon brand upgraded the Gimbal to a universal joint. This type of gimbal provides the maximum amount of range compared to the little Ball-and-Socket type like found in the Hague MMC. The Steady Dragon seems to have all the right parts with front and rear counterweights, side to side weights, and adjustment of the camera forward and back.
With the optional camera plate, you can also add side to side from the top stage. A Tripod mount is also available so you can dock your camera. There’s ways to create your own stabilizer with U-Joint from a Traxxas RC, but If you’re not the DIY type, this little stabilizer looks like a good start for small cameras and under a hundred bucks. The Steady Dragon states it’s rated to balance cameras just around 3 lbs and you can find some demo videos following the link (click here).
Steady Dragon Video Camera Stabilizer Streadicam
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Dan on Sony A7s Powered By Canon 5D Mark II LP-E6 DIY Modded Battery Grip
- ossm on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Tomas Suski on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Bernard on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- soren on Protune 2.0 Firmware Update for GoPro Hero 3+ More Manual Settings
- VillageBoi on NAB 2015 – Aputure DEC Pro Lens Adapter Speedbooster Version
- James on Konova Master Pan Kit AutoPanning for Konova Sliders Review and DEMO