Steady Dragon Camera Stabilizer
January 23, 2012
There’s a million different little stabilizers on the market, but about a month ago (maybe a bit longer), the Steady Dragon brand upgraded the Gimbal to a universal joint. This type of gimbal provides the maximum amount of range compared to the little Ball-and-Socket type like found in the Hague MMC. The Steady Dragon seems to have all the right parts with front and rear counterweights, side to side weights, and adjustment of the camera forward and back.
With the optional camera plate, you can also add side to side from the top stage. A Tripod mount is also available so you can dock your camera. There’s ways to create your own stabilizer with U-Joint from a Traxxas RC, but If you’re not the DIY type, this little stabilizer looks like a good start for small cameras and under a hundred bucks. The Steady Dragon states it’s rated to balance cameras just around 3 lbs and you can find some demo videos following the link (click here).
Steady Dragon Video Camera Stabilizer Streadicam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on FotoDiox Shark Camera Cage for Sony A7R II Sony A7s II GH4 Samsung NX1
- Sarah on Editing Tip: DIY Slim Hard Drive Mount to Laptop using Sticky Dash Mat
- Hayden on FotoDiox Shark Camera Cage for Sony A7R II Sony A7s II GH4 Samsung NX1
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Emm on 4K Video with the GoPro HERO4
- Ronn on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Trooper408 on 4K Video with the GoPro HERO4