There’s a million different little stabilizers on the market, but about a month ago (maybe a bit longer), the Steady Dragon brand upgraded the Gimbal to a universal joint. This type of gimbal provides the maximum amount of range compared to the little Ball-and-Socket type like found in the Hague MMC. The Steady Dragon seems to have all the right parts with front and rear counterweights, side to side weights, and adjustment of the camera forward and back.
With the optional camera plate, you can also add side to side from the top stage. A Tripod mount is also available so you can dock your camera. There’s ways to create your own stabilizer with U-Joint from a Traxxas RC, but If you’re not the DIY type, this little stabilizer looks like a good start for small cameras and under a hundred bucks. The Steady Dragon states it’s rated to balance cameras just around 3 lbs and you can find some demo videos following the link (click here).
Steady Dragon Video Camera Stabilizer Streadicam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Minu on Camera Motion Research iFootage Shark Video Slider + Motion Control Head
- Darren on Camera Motion Research iFootage Shark Video Slider + Motion Control Head
- Alf Garnett on NAB 2014: FotoDiox PowerLynx ENG Servo Zoom Lens Mount Adapter
- Pablo Azocar on Aputure V-Grip VG-1 USB Video Remote Follow Focus Handle
- Emm on NAB 2014: Varavon Wirecam and Birdy Cam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Scott on NAB 2014: Varavon Wirecam and Birdy Cam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joris on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Scott on NAB 2014: Shape Kirk Neff 2.0 DSLR Video Shoulder Rig Bundle