Sony NEX + $99 Dollar DSLR Stabilizer
July 13, 2010
I received the $99 Dollar DSLR Shoulder Shooter from Express35.com today. It was late when I got home, and didn’t get to test it out with all my Canon cameras, but I did quickly throw on the Sony NEX which seems perfect for it. I have extra clamps which I was able to mount my Rode VideoMic and my Zoom H4n.
This is a great start to an excellent event coverage type rig for me. Very lightweight and very stable when holding it. Some things i’m looking to improve upon this lightweight setup is to replace the Rode Microphone with something hard mounted, not with a shock mount.
I also want to replace the Zoom H4n on this rig with the new Zoom H1 (once it ships). This would make it extremely light. Also I may add a very small LED light if I happen to be shooting in a Night Club scene.
The Sony doesn’t allow me to adjust Aperture manually with the current lens. There is a Canon FD mount adapter that will allow me to use those older Canon FD manual lenses on this Sony, so that should fix that problem. I’ll see if I can get one of those to finish it off with a nice FD 50mm. Check out the Canon Lens to Sony NEX adapter.
Soon i’ll get some footage up of a Canon DSLR on this $99 Dollar DSLR Shooter, unless someone beats me to the punch. As of now I love the look of this shoulder rig on this Sony NEX, and the rig seems to be the right size for it.
- Tweets that mention Sony NEX + $99 Dollar DSLR Stabilizer » CheesyCam -- Topsy.com
- $99 Shooter 3 Left on Auction » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- AaBb on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Barry on Cinegears Seamless Rubber Universal Follow Focus Lens Ring
- adic on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- Emm on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras