Panasonic GH2 or GH1?
May 31, 2011
While there are some Panasonic GH2 cameras available at current rip-off prices, the older GH1 is stepping back into the spotlight. Previous GH1 cameras with older firmware could be hacked into what was called the GH13 or GH1.3. The hacks provided more features than the standard GH1, which included higher video bitrates and additional framerates. After a certain firmware version, later sold GH1 cameras were considered ‘unhackable’ and this was discouraging. Well just a few days ago the hacking geniuses finally got things going again, and now state that all GH1 cameras can be ‘hacked’ along with some other models like the G1, GF1, and G2.
The great thing about the MFT cameras are that you can adapt pretty much any lens to it. The GH1 is even a great ‘stills’ camera for the budding photographer. So if you’re looking for a Micro Four Thirds camera body that can capture high quality video and photos, you might want to re-consider the older discontinued GH1s while there are still some in stock at these discounted prices.
Or a few via BHPhotoVideo: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/760894-REG/Panasonic_DMC_GH1KBODY_Lumix_DMC_GH1_Digital_Camera.html
On a side note there really isn’t good deals on the GF1. If you’re a smaller rangefinder sized camera type of person, the GF2 which has a faster processor is also in stock with a $100 dollar instant savings found here:
Panasonic GF2 with 14-42mm
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera