RX100 Filter ND or CPL Filters
July 19, 2012
Filters can play a fairly important part when capturing photos or videos. For instance, a CPL filter can ‘correct’ colors, saturation, and contrast to the image before it reaches the sensor. Bringing back washed out skies, saturating bright blue oceans, or removing glares from foliage. This information is normally lost during image capture, and cannot be recovered in post editing, because the data just isn’t there.
So what about all the new high end point and shoot cameras? What’s the solution to adding ND filters, Variable ND filters, or CPL filters? Even with Manual video controls on the new Sony RX100, without a solid ND filter, you can’t maintain your optimal shutter speed for that Cinematic look.
Well I’ve only teased a few times about a new product ready to hit the market very soon, but today I’m able to share a few teaser images. So far ND and CPL filters are ready for the Sony HX9V, Sony HX20V, Canon S100, and other popular high end point and shoot cameras (including RX100).
A very thin metal ring fits flush against the compact camera’s front barrel. The super strong magnetic filter quickly attaches and detaches, and can even remain on when the camera is powered off with the lens fully retracted back into the camera body. That’s all the information i’ll share today, but i’ve provided a few images that will hopefully get you excited. I’m going to attach this to the Sony RX100 today. Want more information about this? Please follow me on Twitter for those updates http://Twitter.com/Cheesycam
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC