Here’s a side by side video test showing samples from a Panasonic GH3 with and without the new Lens Turbo Focal Reducer. We used a newer Rokinon 85mm T/1.5 Cine Lens [Nikon Mount] + and old Nikon 50mm Pancake. With the Lens Turbo adapter we were able to achieve a wider field of view and an increase in exposure.
Obviously YouTube has added compression to the video, but if you want to be a pixel peeper, you can download a better version of this edited video from my Vimeo Channel (here).
I think the image quality achieved from this (Speedbooster alternative) adapter delivered decent results for the price. The Metabones Speedbooster will run about $489 dollars (here), versus this Lens Turbo which can now be found under $139 US (here).
Of course we’re just using a consumer grade Rokinon Cine Lens, and an old $50 dollar lens from eBay. There’s no doubt this adapter won’t match up to the quality of the Metabones products. Anyone using serious glass worth thousands of dollars might as well pony up the extra cash for the Metabones MFT M43 Speedbooster (found here).
Metabones SpeedBooster Nikon to M43 MFT
If you’re a casual video shooter looking to get a wider field of view and increased light through your common glass, I think you’ll be happy with the Lens Turbo. I’ll probably go out and take a bunch of high resolution still images on the next outing, but for now let’s hear a few comments about these first video test results. What did you guys think so far? [Comment]
For more info, you can find the Lens Turbo MFT Focal Reducer adapter available now via eBay (click here).
Lens Turbo Focal Reducer Nikon to MFT Micro Four Thirds Adapter
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- Josh on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- CarsonWA on Hyperlapse App Instantly Smooths Hand Held iPhone Time Lapse via Instagram
- getem on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- ak on NEW: Kamerar QV-1 LCD View Finder Kit (QB-15 Quick Base)
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Adali on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- K C on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer