Now that Manfrotto has released a new and slightly different MVH500AH Video Fluid Head, there’s been a few questions about compatibility – especially for those who want to pick up or upgrade to this new video head and have invested in a bunch of QR plates. For a bit more information on the actual video head, check out this earlier article on the MVH500AH (here).
First, Does the Manfrotto quick release plate from the 577 QR Adapter or common 501PL plate fit on the new Manfrotto MVH500AH video fluid head? Secondly, Does the new Manfrotto MVH500AH quick release plate fit on the older 701HDV, 501, 502HD Video Fluid heads? Hopefully the video below answers some of those questions.
So the new MVH500AH seems to accept the 501PL plates or the quick release plates from the 577 adapter (with 501PL) pretty easily, but it will not be compatible with the 504 plates. Also, the MVH500AH quick release plate will not work with the older Manfrotto Video fluid heads such as the 701HDV or the 502HD.
The Manfrotto MVH500AH will also be available as the MVH500A which will be a 60mm half bowl fluid head (found here).
Manfrotto MVH500A 60mm Half Ball Fluid Head
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- damon on New ePhoto R-640 LED Video 18 Inch Ring Light
- mike_tee_vee on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Armando Ferreira on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Gray on DIY Build 32 Bit Version CAME 7000 3 Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Stabilizer
- Patrick on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Emm on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- allout tee on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Matt on Disable Embedded YouTube AutoPlay in Videos