How to Balance 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
December 11, 2013
Earlier I tested the CAME 5000 stabilizer with a Panasonic GH3 (found here). These new stabilizers work best when your camera is perfectly balanced. There was no instruction manual on how to properly balance a camera on this stabilizer, but I think i’ve figured it out.
So here’s a very quick follow up video on how to balance a camera on a 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer. I’m just using a DIY Frame with a bunch of 15mm Rails, clamps, and friction arms to hold up the Gimbal. However you manage to hold up your stabilizer, try to keep it as level as possible before starting your balancing steps.
Now that I think my camera is balanced much better, i’ll have to take her out for a spin again. In case you’re just dropping in on this article, you can see my first test run (with an imbalanced camera) at the following article: First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Scott on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Todd on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Stu Morgan on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Dmitri Tsitelauri on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Emm on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing
- SameGame on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Ema on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing