How to Balance 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
December 11, 2013
Earlier I tested the CAME 5000 stabilizer with a Panasonic GH3 (found here). These new stabilizers work best when your camera is perfectly balanced. There was no instruction manual on how to properly balance a camera on this stabilizer, but I think i’ve figured it out.
So here’s a very quick follow up video on how to balance a camera on a 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer. I’m just using a DIY Frame with a bunch of 15mm Rails, clamps, and friction arms to hold up the Gimbal. However you manage to hold up your stabilizer, try to keep it as level as possible before starting your balancing steps.
Now that I think my camera is balanced much better, i’ll have to take her out for a spin again. In case you’re just dropping in on this article, you can see my first test run (with an imbalanced camera) at the following article: First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on FotoDiox Shark Camera Cage for Sony A7R II Sony A7s II GH4 Samsung NX1
- Sarah on Editing Tip: DIY Slim Hard Drive Mount to Laptop using Sticky Dash Mat
- Hayden on FotoDiox Shark Camera Cage for Sony A7R II Sony A7s II GH4 Samsung NX1
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Emm on 4K Video with the GoPro HERO4
- Ronn on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Trooper408 on 4K Video with the GoPro HERO4