Furniture Sliders for DIY Tripod Dolly
June 5, 2012
Here’s an inexpensive and lightweight way to add movement with your camera at different heights. YouTube member ImagineNowEntertnmnt used furniture sliders from his local Bed Bath & Beyond (as seen here) and placed it under each tripod leg [Thanks Justin]. The furniture sliders can glide along carpet, linoleum, ceramic tile, and cement, etc. With a mini tripod, I can see this being a handy tip for Wedding Videographers who need to travel light, but have access to lots of smooth surfaces to add slow camera movements.
There’s a bit of shake in some examples which could possibly be corrected with a bit more weight hung on the tripod, or some post image stabilization, but in most cases it works quite well to add interesting camera movements to your footage. Pretty common stuff you can find at your local Bed Bath & Beyond, local hardware store, or even find available via Amazon (click here)
Reusable Furniture Slider Kits
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on New Atomos Ninja Assassin 4K HDMI Recorder Monitor
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Chris K. on New Atomos Ninja Assassin 4K HDMI Recorder Monitor
- Wheeler on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- MAGEtv on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- Nick Bicanic on Panasonic V-Log L Gamma Profile Update for GH4 Cameras
- pops on Panasonic V-Log L Gamma Profile Update for GH4 Cameras
- Emm on The new Sony A7RII In Stock