Evil Little LCDVF Twin vs LCDVF
August 2, 2010
(Above) Original LCDVF vs LCDVF Clone
Here’s a couple of snapshots i’m sharing with everyone LCDVF vs LCDVF Clone. One is the real, and one is the clone. You can barely tell any difference at all. Even the bag is legit! The clone fit ‘perfectly’ on my original LCDVF metal frame that was already mounted on my cameras. Magnetic strength was the same for both.
After each strobe fired, there was a bit of color coming off of the Replica lens. I swapped positions in the lightbox, but you could still see a bit more reflection from the LCDVF clone optics. There could be a bit of truth regarding the way the glass is designed. This would only be noticeable if light were hitting it in a certain direction, so I wouldn’t even consider that a ‘problem’. It’s like having glare on a window, but once you got your face up to it blocking that light you can see clearly. As far as Magnification it’s pretty much on point. I don’t notice a difference against my LCD glass. It’s about a $100 dollar price difference between the real and the clone. I’ll let you guys compare the photos and read all the comments to decide which would work best for you.
Imitation is usually the best form of flattery, but this is so close to the real deal, if eBay finds there is some Infringement issues, say goodbye to these uber cheap LCD Viewfinders. If it still works, here’s the link to the LCDVF Clone Viewfinders for DSLRs.
(below) Clone wearing the Upgraded Eyepiece found in this article
Don’t forget the upgraded eyepiece can be found in this article.
- Hong Kong ViewFinder – Late in the Game? » CheesyCam
- Gettin’ my BlueStar On » CheesyCam
- The $99 3″ LCD View finder goes $49 » CheesyCam
- False AD – Buyer Beware – LCDVF Clone » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- ronn on Rokinon 135mm T2.2 Cine DS Lens Sale
- Anmol Mishra on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- VanWeddings on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount