Evil Little LCDVF Twin vs LCDVF
August 2, 2010
(Above) Original LCDVF vs LCDVF Clone
Here’s a couple of snapshots i’m sharing with everyone LCDVF vs LCDVF Clone. One is the real, and one is the clone. You can barely tell any difference at all. Even the bag is legit! The clone fit ‘perfectly’ on my original LCDVF metal frame that was already mounted on my cameras. Magnetic strength was the same for both.
After each strobe fired, there was a bit of color coming off of the Replica lens. I swapped positions in the lightbox, but you could still see a bit more reflection from the LCDVF clone optics. There could be a bit of truth regarding the way the glass is designed. This would only be noticeable if light were hitting it in a certain direction, so I wouldn’t even consider that a ‘problem’. It’s like having glare on a window, but once you got your face up to it blocking that light you can see clearly. As far as Magnification it’s pretty much on point. I don’t notice a difference against my LCD glass. It’s about a $100 dollar price difference between the real and the clone. I’ll let you guys compare the photos and read all the comments to decide which would work best for you.
Imitation is usually the best form of flattery, but this is so close to the real deal, if eBay finds there is some Infringement issues, say goodbye to these uber cheap LCD Viewfinders. If it still works, here’s the link to the LCDVF Clone Viewfinders for DSLRs.
(below) Clone wearing the Upgraded Eyepiece found in this article
Don’t forget the upgraded eyepiece can be found in this article.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Hong Kong ViewFinder – Late in the Game? » CheesyCam
- Gettin’ my BlueStar On » CheesyCam
- The $99 3″ LCD View finder goes $49 » CheesyCam
- False AD – Buyer Beware – LCDVF Clone » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s