Eric Ferguson writes in and shares his DIY LED Umbrella Light which uses the Cheap Flexible LED light strips (seen here on eBay). These strips can be purchased in short length to rolls of 600 LEDs in a single strip. [Thanks Eric]. Another DIY LED light panel project using flexible LED lights can be also be found (here).
Unlike the DIY LED light panel which would require you to cut LED light strips down to different sizes along with some soldering, Eric used an entire 600 LED roll wrapped around a simple can. The wrapped can mimics a bare bulb by throwing light off the sides. From there he’s using a simple umbrella to refocus the light. Below are some images of the light OFF and then ON.
The flexible LED light strips work on simple 12V batteries, and can be found super cheap via eBay (click here).
Flexible LED light Strip
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Kyle Gordon on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Jesse Brauning on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Emm on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Juan Pinalez on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Lorenzo on Running Wires through CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal + Project Box Cover
- Steve Ellington on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- J Toha on F&V Spectra HD4 4.3″ Pro EVF LCD w/ HDMI SDI Loop Through and Conversion