Eric Ferguson writes in and shares his DIY LED Umbrella Light which uses the Cheap Flexible LED light strips (seen here on eBay). These strips can be purchased in short length to rolls of 600 LEDs in a single strip. [Thanks Eric]. Another DIY LED light panel project using flexible LED lights can be also be found (here).
Unlike the DIY LED light panel which would require you to cut LED light strips down to different sizes along with some soldering, Eric used an entire 600 LED roll wrapped around a simple can. The wrapped can mimics a bare bulb by throwing light off the sides. From there he’s using a simple umbrella to refocus the light. Below are some images of the light OFF and then ON.
The flexible LED light strips work on simple 12V batteries, and can be found super cheap via eBay (click here).
Flexible LED light Strip
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Scott S on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Marc olo on NAB 2014: Big Balance Handheld Gimbal Stabilizers
- Cheese Cadet on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Victor on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- vladbox on Canon 7D Mark II Arrives for a Field Test