Quick release adapter questions are always coming in, and I really have no answer except for the Manfrotto RC2, 357, or 577. They aren’t cheap, but if you’re already using a ton of Manfrotto products these adapters might work into your workflow.
Ok, so I did some additional searching and found this new QR adapter. I actually ordered it a while back, but it took it’s time getting here. I didn’t wanna talk about it until I knew the real build quality. Oh how many items go unsaid on this blog, you have no idea. Now that it’s in my hands, it’s actually very nice, and i’m ready to share this one to you guys. It’s a solid metal build all the way around with two bubble levels. The whole adapter is a fairly thin profile and comes with a snappy spring loaded release clip. Careful, when you lock the plate in place, that clip snaps back pretty quick. I caught my finger on it and it’s pretty strong. It’s a wide base, and I use it to cover the entire base of my battery grip. I find it feels like a more solid mount this way, but if you’re not using a battery grip, you may want to use it the long direction to get to your battery compartment. It’s a very nice and cheaper solution than those Manfrotto adapters, especially for all the stabilizers and other DIY projects you might be working on.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- VanWeddings on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- apostolos on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case