Cheap Quick Release Adapter + QR Plate
December 8, 2010
Quick release adapter questions are always coming in, and I really have no answer except for the Manfrotto RC2, 357, or 577. They aren’t cheap, but if you’re already using a ton of Manfrotto products these adapters might work into your workflow.
Ok, so I did some additional searching and found this new QR adapter. I actually ordered it a while back, but it took it’s time getting here. I didn’t wanna talk about it until I knew the real build quality. Oh how many items go unsaid on this blog, you have no idea. Now that it’s in my hands, it’s actually very nice, and i’m ready to share this one to you guys. It’s a solid metal build all the way around with two bubble levels. The whole adapter is a fairly thin profile and comes with a snappy spring loaded release clip. Careful, when you lock the plate in place, that clip snaps back pretty quick. I caught my finger on it and it’s pretty strong. It’s a wide base, and I use it to cover the entire base of my battery grip. I find it feels like a more solid mount this way, but if you’re not using a battery grip, you may want to use it the long direction to get to your battery compartment. It’s a very nice and cheaper solution than those Manfrotto adapters, especially for all the stabilizers and other DIY projects you might be working on.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Emm on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- David Zung on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Tim Ciasto on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Dylan on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- mike_tee_vee on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Erik K on Final Days – Savings on Manfrotto Video Products
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit