Cheap Quick Release Adapter + QR Plate
December 8, 2010
Quick release adapter questions are always coming in, and I really have no answer except for the Manfrotto RC2, 357, or 577. They aren’t cheap, but if you’re already using a ton of Manfrotto products these adapters might work into your workflow.
Ok, so I did some additional searching and found this new QR adapter. I actually ordered it a while back, but it took it’s time getting here. I didn’t wanna talk about it until I knew the real build quality. Oh how many items go unsaid on this blog, you have no idea. Now that it’s in my hands, it’s actually very nice, and i’m ready to share this one to you guys. It’s a solid metal build all the way around with two bubble levels. The whole adapter is a fairly thin profile and comes with a snappy spring loaded release clip. Careful, when you lock the plate in place, that clip snaps back pretty quick. I caught my finger on it and it’s pretty strong. It’s a wide base, and I use it to cover the entire base of my battery grip. I find it feels like a more solid mount this way, but if you’re not using a battery grip, you may want to use it the long direction to get to your battery compartment. It’s a very nice and cheaper solution than those Manfrotto adapters, especially for all the stabilizers and other DIY projects you might be working on.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Jeep66 on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Tirmu on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Jim on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- earnestreply on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Nathan on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Dodger on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage