Someone responded to my earlier video about the Nikon P7000 and Canon G12 review. I mentioned that the Canon G12 can accept a remote for Timelapse Photography and the Nikon doesn’t accept the remote. Turns out Nikon has an Intervalometer feature built in and you don’t need to carry an extra gadget. Touche’ I say, and well played Nikon…well played indeed. So I stand corrected about Nikon and Timelapse Photography.
Not to sound too biased (again), but the Intervalometer feature built into the Nikon isn’t so great. There’s also a nice little feature for HDR photography already built into the Canon G12 that makes Timelapse Photography even more fun. I’m loving the G12! Many times we cover events and want to timelapse the whole setup process and footage throughout the day. For you Wedding Videographers, the G12 is a great camera to throw into a corner and get some Timelapse footage to incorporate into your videos. For Real Estate agents or anyone doing interior work, grab a tripod and let the camera process out a more balanced exposure. Check out the video above for more information about HDR timelapse with the Canon G12, and I can’t wait to take this out for some Timelapse fun.
The Timer Remote i’m using is the same for the Canon 550D / T2i and Canon 60D found here: http://cheesycam.com/canon-60d-timer-remote-timelapse/
If you’re looking for a remote that fits the Canon 7D & 5D Mark II you can find it here: Canon Intervalometer Timer Remote for EOS 7D and 5DMark II
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- stephen on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- Emm on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Tim Naylor on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer