Canon G12 vs Nikon P7000 Real Time HDR Timelapse?
November 4, 2010
Someone responded to my earlier video about the Nikon P7000 and Canon G12 review. I mentioned that the Canon G12 can accept a remote for Timelapse Photography and the Nikon doesn’t accept the remote. Turns out Nikon has an Intervalometer feature built in and you don’t need to carry an extra gadget. Touche’ I say, and well played Nikon…well played indeed. So I stand corrected about Nikon and Timelapse Photography.
Not to sound too biased (again), but the Intervalometer feature built into the Nikon isn’t so great. There’s also a nice little feature for HDR photography already built into the Canon G12 that makes Timelapse Photography even more fun. I’m loving the G12! Many times we cover events and want to timelapse the whole setup process and footage throughout the day. For you Wedding Videographers, the G12 is a great camera to throw into a corner and get some Timelapse footage to incorporate into your videos. For Real Estate agents or anyone doing interior work, grab a tripod and let the camera process out a more balanced exposure. Check out the video above for more information about HDR timelapse with the Canon G12, and I can’t wait to take this out for some Timelapse fun.
The Timer Remote i’m using is the same for the Canon 550D / T2i and Canon 60D found here: http://cheesycam.com/canon-60d-timer-remote-timelapse/
If you’re looking for a remote that fits the Canon 7D & 5D Mark II you can find it here: Canon Intervalometer Timer Remote for EOS 7D and 5DMark II
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Emm on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- seenematic on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- Matt on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Matt on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Jacob on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal