05Jun Budget DSLR Follow Focus
Thanks to a tip from Jarrod, here’s a look at a very inexpensive DSLR Follow focus with universal lens gear. The R.J. Follow Focus states that it’s made mostly out of Aluminum with a reversible gear to be used both left and right handed. There’s a large marking disc area and standard knob to accept an external ‘whip’ if you decide to get one in the future. The gear sits low, so if you’re using a small lens and a battery grip, you may have some trouble getting the FF to mate to the lens gear. The last question would be how much ‘play’ the follow focus has in the gear box, but at this price it can’t be all bad.
Like most follow focus systems, this one will require a set of 15mm rods to mount. If you don’t have a set you’re best bet is to take advantage of those Gini auctions. What you’re looking for is a rig that has at least the DSLR base mount and two rails.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer
- Jiri K. on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer
- Bamaracas on Raydio Master iOS Professional Bluetooth Wireless Trigger
- Luke on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- nate on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Bill Byrley on Variable Speed Rotating Product Table Demo
- OldCorpse on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Dan on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
B&H Photo Video
New Zoom H6