Budget DSLR Follow Focus
June 5, 2011
Thanks to a tip from Jarrod, here’s a look at a very inexpensive DSLR Follow focus with universal lens gear. The R.J. Follow Focus states that it’s made mostly out of Aluminum with a reversible gear to be used both left and right handed. There’s a large marking disc area and standard knob to accept an external ‘whip’ if you decide to get one in the future. The gear sits low, so if you’re using a small lens and a battery grip, you may have some trouble getting the FF to mate to the lens gear. The last question would be how much ‘play’ the follow focus has in the gear box, but at this price it can’t be all bad.
Like most follow focus systems, this one will require a set of 15mm rods to mount. If you don’t have a set you’re best bet is to take advantage of those Gini auctions. What you’re looking for is a rig that has at least the DSLR base mount and two rails.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC