Budget DSLR Follow Focus
June 5, 2011
Thanks to a tip from Jarrod, here’s a look at a very inexpensive DSLR Follow focus with universal lens gear. The R.J. Follow Focus states that it’s made mostly out of Aluminum with a reversible gear to be used both left and right handed. There’s a large marking disc area and standard knob to accept an external ‘whip’ if you decide to get one in the future. The gear sits low, so if you’re using a small lens and a battery grip, you may have some trouble getting the FF to mate to the lens gear. The last question would be how much ‘play’ the follow focus has in the gear box, but at this price it can’t be all bad.
Like most follow focus systems, this one will require a set of 15mm rods to mount. If you don’t have a set you’re best bet is to take advantage of those Gini auctions. What you’re looking for is a rig that has at least the DSLR base mount and two rails.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Mark on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Koichi Sakaguchi on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Sara on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s