05Jun Budget DSLR Follow Focus
Thanks to a tip from Jarrod, here’s a look at a very inexpensive DSLR Follow focus with universal lens gear. The R.J. Follow Focus states that it’s made mostly out of Aluminum with a reversible gear to be used both left and right handed. There’s a large marking disc area and standard knob to accept an external ‘whip’ if you decide to get one in the future. The gear sits low, so if you’re using a small lens and a battery grip, you may have some trouble getting the FF to mate to the lens gear. The last question would be how much ‘play’ the follow focus has in the gear box, but at this price it can’t be all bad.
Like most follow focus systems, this one will require a set of 15mm rods to mount. If you don’t have a set you’re best bet is to take advantage of those Gini auctions. What you’re looking for is a rig that has at least the DSLR base mount and two rails.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera Sony BP-U60 BP-U30 Battery Adapter
- Alex on BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera Sony BP-U60 BP-U30 Battery Adapter
- james on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Russ Roca on JuicedLink Review Zoom H6, Zoom H4n, Tascam DR-60D, RM333
- Nedd J on Custom Metal Plate In Pelican Hard Case For Monitor Mount
- Emm on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Nacho on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Johnny on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles