$99 Dollar Camera Slider
April 16, 2010
Not too happy with the Fluid Head that comes attached with this $99.00 dollar slider from IndiSystems, but the rail and carrier work pretty well. It looks thicker than other Camera Slider rails out there, but it’s actually hollow and very lightweight. This 2 foot version of a silder is easier for my type of workflow compared to the 4 ft. slider I show in this video. This $99 dollar video camera slider mounts well directly to the Tripod or to a Quick release plate.
I had to drill out the old fluid head mount (plastic) and make room for a 1/4 x 20 flat headed screw. I wanted to keep it at 1/4 x 20 so I still have the option of mounting a camera directly to the carrier plate. In order to mount the Bogen 701HDV Fluid head, 1/4 to 3/8 adapter like this one. I don’t do a whole bunch of sliding, but now maybe I will since this is a lighter and smaller version compared to the other Igus Rail. This is the mini slider from http://indisystem.com/products/indislider_mini
You can also get the same slider for a bit more here:
Did I mention I got my new 100mm Macro IS USM lens in also?? It’s awesome…Here’s a few samples below I took outside in the parking lot.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Hidden Treasure! Awesome Video Fluid Head 717AH » CheesyCam
- Distant Strangers- Sherlock Tones feat. Terra Rothman » CheesyCam
- Sliding Back into Market – Camera Slider Deal » CheesyCam
- Easier than DIY IGUS – Video Camera Slider » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Robert A on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- DomSim on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- keri on Cyber Monday LED2000 Bi-Color Special – Dracast
- Tiko on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- Emm on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- Emm on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- T22 on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- Todd on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts