These videos are related to a Hybrid Steadicam (Merlin) Vest + Glidecam HD 4000 video camera stabilizer. I had to create a DIY adapter to ‘mate’ the two different systems together, but very happy so far with the results.
First video is what it sorta looks like (to date).
Second Video shows the DIY adapter up close (and very personal).
Third Video shows some sample use of the rig (at home).
Thanks for the questions and comments BTW, I’m glad people find some of the random stuff I do useful.
Question: Why not just get the Glidecam Vest?
Answer: I have already owned the Steadicam Vest + Merlin, and the vest works awesome. Very light, slim, easy to put on, and allows me to get through narrow doors. It’s a ‘beast’ and other than getting the two to mate, there is absolutely no reason the vest COULD NOT fly this Glidecam.
AND!!!! The Steadicam dual arm Vest is way cheaper than the price of the Glidecam dual arm vest. This Hybrid configuration will save you big bucks and works awesome.
I’m using the Steadicam Merlin Vest + Glidecam HD4000.
Canon 5D Mark II, Battery Grip, Samson Zoom H4n Portable Recorder, and Rode VideoMic. I’m planning on mounting a shoulder rig with quick release for everything on top, and possible LCD monitor at the bottom. It feels like this vest config can hold alot more than it does today. “”UPDATE. I got an awesome monitor, check it out”"”
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Rodney White on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- fugenie on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emily Weiss on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Claus Andersen on Mitakon Lens Turbo Nikon to MFT M43 Micro Four Thirds Adapter
- Adam Jeal on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Bill on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer