3 Videos about the Hybrid
January 31, 2010
These videos are related to a Hybrid Steadicam (Merlin) Vest + Glidecam HD 4000 video camera stabilizer. I had to create a DIY adapter to ‘mate’ the two different systems together, but very happy so far with the results.
First video is what it sorta looks like (to date).
Second Video shows the DIY adapter up close (and very personal).
Third Video shows some sample use of the rig (at home).
Thanks for the questions and comments BTW, I’m glad people find some of the random stuff I do useful.
Question: Why not just get the Glidecam Vest?
Answer: I have already owned the Steadicam Vest + Merlin, and the vest works awesome. Very light, slim, easy to put on, and allows me to get through narrow doors. It’s a ‘beast’ and other than getting the two to mate, there is absolutely no reason the vest COULD NOT fly this Glidecam.
AND!!!! The Steadicam dual arm Vest is way cheaper than the price of the Glidecam dual arm vest. This Hybrid configuration will save you big bucks and works awesome.
I’m using the Steadicam Merlin Vest + Glidecam HD4000.
Canon 5D Mark II, Battery Grip, Samson Zoom H4n Portable Recorder, and Rode VideoMic. I’m planning on mounting a shoulder rig with quick release for everything on top, and possible LCD monitor at the bottom. It feels like this vest config can hold alot more than it does today. “”UPDATE. I got an awesome monitor, check it out”"”
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest
- kuban on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- DocHutch on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Steve on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- premini on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Nick on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Joseph on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- CarsonWA on New Upgraded CAME-TV 7800 Model Overview