I’m not saying this DIy shoulder mount should be used with the new DSLR video cameras, but if you’re rockin’ a Canon HV20 / HV30 / Vixia HD camcorder or similiar sized cameras, this is a simple solution to getting great steady shots for under $20.00 dollars.
I was asked if I had any ideas for a cheap DIY Video camera shoulder support rig that was easy to put together and cheap.
Not recommended for heavy cameras, but for small consumer-cams, I think it’s a great DIY Shoulder Mount Project.
Aluminum Flat bar (bend it to fit over the shoulder).
Foam insulation (used for shoulder padding)
Metal ‘T’ Bracket (combine this with the flat bar)
Handles (I used Jump rope handles because they already had an easy way to mount it to the bracket)
Black Appliance Epoxy paint (much stronger than acrylic)
A few nuts and bolts to hold everything in place.
I think you’ll get the idea….
If you’re using Canon DSLR’s they also sell remotes that I believe may work with starting and stopping video recording.
If you’re not a DIY person, check out this cheap Shoulder Support from eBay. Here’s the product.
You can find the shoulder support from eBay by clicking this link, or the image below.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Claire McHardy on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Darren on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Stephen on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Alam on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Alam on New CAME-TV 7800 Version 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on P&C GearBox – Intro Price Ends Tomorrow