$20.00 Dollar Should Mount Rig Camera Support
November 28, 2009
I’m not saying this DIy shoulder mount should be used with the new DSLR video cameras, but if you’re rockin’ a Canon HV20 / HV30 / Vixia HD camcorder or similiar sized cameras, this is a simple solution to getting great steady shots for under $20.00 dollars.
I was asked if I had any ideas for a cheap DIY Video camera shoulder support rig that was easy to put together and cheap.
Not recommended for heavy cameras, but for small consumer-cams, I think it’s a great DIY Shoulder Mount Project.
Aluminum Flat bar (bend it to fit over the shoulder).
Foam insulation (used for shoulder padding)
Metal ‘T’ Bracket (combine this with the flat bar)
Handles (I used Jump rope handles because they already had an easy way to mount it to the bracket)
Black Appliance Epoxy paint (much stronger than acrylic)
A few nuts and bolts to hold everything in place.
I think you’ll get the idea….
If you’re using Canon DSLR’s they also sell remotes that I believe may work with starting and stopping video recording.
If you’re not a DIY person, check out this cheap Shoulder Support from eBay. Here’s the product.
You can find the shoulder support from eBay by clicking this link, or the image below.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- vladbox on Canon 7D Mark II Arrives for a Field Test
- Rob S. on Varavon Slidecam EX Premium Video Slider with Counterweight Flywheel Pulley System
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Eric J. on FotoDiox Now Offers 6 Variable ND Throttle Lens Adapters
- JKPinPDX on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- D on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Liang on Varavon Slidecam EX Premium Video Slider with Counterweight Flywheel Pulley System