I’m not saying this DIy shoulder mount should be used with the new DSLR video cameras, but if you’re rockin’ a Canon HV20 / HV30 / Vixia HD camcorder or similiar sized cameras, this is a simple solution to getting great steady shots for under $20.00 dollars.
I was asked if I had any ideas for a cheap DIY Video camera shoulder support rig that was easy to put together and cheap.
Not recommended for heavy cameras, but for small consumer-cams, I think it’s a great DIY Shoulder Mount Project.
Aluminum Flat bar (bend it to fit over the shoulder).
Foam insulation (used for shoulder padding)
Metal ‘T’ Bracket (combine this with the flat bar)
Handles (I used Jump rope handles because they already had an easy way to mount it to the bracket)
Black Appliance Epoxy paint (much stronger than acrylic)
A few nuts and bolts to hold everything in place.
I think you’ll get the idea….
If you’re using Canon DSLR’s they also sell remotes that I believe may work with starting and stopping video recording.
If you’re not a DIY person, check out this cheap Shoulder Support from eBay. Here’s the product.
You can find the shoulder support from eBay by clicking this link, or the image below.
Leave a Comment
Nikon 1 J1 with Lens Combo - eBay Daily Deal
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Dick osso on New Craft Module for Edelkrone Slider PLUS+ v2 & PRO
- Scott on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Lee on NAB2014: Dracast T1000 LED Bank Lighting
- Keith on NAB2014: Dracast T1000 LED Bank Lighting
- Daniel Hughes on NAB2014: Dracast T1000 LED Bank Lighting
- Chris K. on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- steve on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head