I was bored, collected a few parts from Home Depot and decided to hack up a quick DIY Offset Shoulder rig. Since DSLR’s don’t have the flip out LCD option, placement of the ViewFinder needs to be offset. I also added some weights to the rear to help balance things out and it won’t feel so heavy on the hands. With the 5D and that Lens it takes a few weights, but for a Canon 550D or T2i you’d probably need a lot less.
Too bad I didn’t have time to grab some rubber bike handles. It’s no RedRock and yes some say Cheesy (hence the name CheesyRig), but all metal construction, it’s pretty solid for something around $20.00 dollars. Hope this gives some ideas on how to make a DIY offset DSLR shoulder rig for us low budget guys. Enjoy and leave comments.
A few bolts are too long, I need to replace them or cut them down. Shown is the Canon 5D Mark II with LCDVF and 85mm F/1.2 . I was using the Canon 7D with Tamron 18-270mm to record this video.
Hey if you’re not a DIY guy, check out the cheap Shoulder Rig from eBay.
Here’s the product.
You can find the shoulder support from eBay by clicking this link, or the image below.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Dave on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- OldCorpse on F&V Metica 7″ HDMI+SDI Plus and SpectraHD 4 EVF
- Barry on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Emm on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- David Peterson on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- brandon on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Tom on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder