I'm one of those guys who started in Photography with DSLR's and now having fun with the Video features. I was recently referred a book, which might help some of you ease into that transition. It's interesting to see these type of books coming out, regarding the transition or mix of Photographer and Videographers. The book looks pretty good with 12 reviews on Amazon, and with an average of 5 stars (the most). Sounds good, looks good, and even name dropped Scott Kelby - photographer, author, president of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP).
—Scott Kelby, photographer, author, president of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP)
“Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a novice still photographer…this book has the answers you need, even if you don’t know you need them yet.”
— Scott Bourne, Publisher, Photofocus.com
Here to guide you in a thorough exploration of the video-making process — from preproduction to post — and to ease your transition from still to motion are four veterans who speak the language of both photography and video fluently. With their clear, instructive approach, they quickly get you up to speed on everything from picking your gear, to properly lighting for motion, to using professional-level audio, color correction, and editing techniques, to media management and outputting, and much more. Here are just a few highlights from this richly illustrated, completely interactive book and DVD:
- Explores the entire spectrum of video for DSLR camera owners, with recommendations on gear, planning, lighting, lenses, audio, editing, color correcting, exporting, media management, and more.
- Covers a wide variety of shooting styles, including indoor, outdoor, studio, portrait, event, and available light.
- Addresses technical challenges associated with DSLR video, such as camera movement, multiple camera coverage, low-light videography, and synchronized sound.
- Explores additional creative techniques such as stop motion and timelapse photography in depth.
- Includes a real-world example of a music video and promo package throughout the book to demonstrate concepts in action, with additional profiles of photography experts in nature, sports, commercial, and weddings and events.
The accompanying DVD contains over 6 hours of video training that delves deeper into each topic, as well as high-definition footage, hands-on project files, and templates to experiment with and follow along.
Another Book you might be interested in is 'Mastering HD Video with your DSLR'.