Ok, before posting up this blog article I made sure to place my pre-order for the new Zoom H1 portable audio recorder expected to ship on July 30th. It appears from several blogs they are very confident in this release date. If you're at all interested in this super portable audio recorder, you can jump over to BHPhotoVideo.com and get on that waiting list to get notified.
Well personally, I'm not taking any chances being the last to pick one up in case they go quickly, so i've already pre-ordered my item(s) from an eBay seller accepting pre-order payments. I'm not suggesting that any of you follow in my footsteps, since this is a pre-order item still 23 days away from shipping, but just in case you might be as bold as I am, here's more information.
The eBay seller is actually a huge retail store, and feedback shows they ship several hundred items daily. Yeah, that's alot of shipping. Feedback is great for the amount of volume they pump out, so i'm not too worried. At only $99 dollars + Free Shipping, it's not much of a risk and I always say, Paypal's got my back! There's already been 4 other purchases before mine, hopefully they don't have a limited amount they are accepting.
* Stereo X/Y mic configuration captures perfect stereo images
* Same frequency and SPL handling as popular Zoom H2
* Records Broadcast WAV (BWF) at 96kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
* Records MP3 from 48 to 320kbps for maximum recording time
* Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
* Built-in reference speaker
* Includes 2GB microSD card and one AA battery
* One AA size battery allows 10 hours operation
* Accommodates up to 32GB microSDHC memory cards
* Track marker function
* Low cut filter
* Built-in tripod mount
* 1/8" external mic input <<<< Yes it does have a Mic input people.... * Stereo 1/8" line output * Auto record level * Optional accessory package (APH-1) includes windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and mic clip adapter So just in case any of you out there might be as brave as I am, i've sorta jumped the gun here. I expect these things to sell out early much like the Canon T2i, and be fairly hard to obtain in the first few weeks of it's release. Here's the pre-order link for the Zoom H1 portable audio recorder.