Z96 Dimmable DSLR LED Video Light vs. 126 LED
August 3, 2010
Quick over view of what to expect from the Z96 Dimmable DSLR LED Video light that everyone is raving about. As of now, since it’s fairly new, it might run you about $20 dollars more than the 126 LED lights. I personally think that $20 dollar difference is well worth it, considering you’d be buying a $400 dollar unit similar to this from the brand names.
The Z96 carries many of the same features that make the 126 very popular. Dimmable lighting, multiple battery sources, LED technology, and cheap cheap cheap. Originally LED video lights were hitting the streets for over $400 dollars, so even thought this is NOT as cheap as the 126, it’s still a bargain you can’t complain about.
It’s smaller, but feels more solid than the 126 LED video light. Smaller is nicer since it doesn’t take up bag space. Too much spotlight is offending to your subject, so it’s very nice that the LED’s on the Z96 (even without the diffusion panel) work better than the 126 LED. The adjustable shoe mount neck is a much better design as well. Not as tall, but definitely solid enough to keep from adjusting off position. I like everything about the Z96 and the additional price I feel is well worth it. The 126 has been a solid performer for me and I currently own 3 of them still in use today. I haven’t thrown the Z96 around as much so we’ll have to hear about the long term durability. For now when i’m ready to work, this Z96 is the one LED video light i’ll always grab first.
Note:If there are clones of real products, it’s not uncommon to see a ‘Clone’ of a ‘Clone’. We see this already with Battery grips. Mine is solid quality, fast shipping, great price. Here’s the seller you should be buying from if you’re considering purchasing the Z96 Dimmable LED DSLR Video Light.
[Update] Other links if the top one doesn’t work Click here for Z96 Video LED Light
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Z96 LED Light Off Camera Mounting Options » CheesyCam
- The Video for Z96 DSLR Dimmable LED Video Lights » CheesyCam
- Two Accessories that Rocked » CheesyCam
- Z96 LED light spotted in the Wild » CheesyCam
- Oh Oh Oh ‘O Flash’ – Ring Flash Adapter » CheesyCam
- F&V 7″ LCD 800 x 480 Monitor » CheesyCam
- A Z96 Clone or Z96 Upgrade? W96 LED Light » CheesyCam
- Powering 4 LED Video Lights » CheesyCam
- Z96 Upgrade? More like ‘Down Grade’ » CheesyCam
- LitePanels To Block LED Imports » CheesyCam
- W96 LED Light Updates » CheesyCam
- NEW – F&V Video Camera Slider » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- andy zou on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Joey on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Nick on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Jack D. on DIY Retractable Compact Camera Holster Hand Held Stabilizer
- bart on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s