Wondlan Carbon Fiber DSLR Video Camera Stabilizer
November 28, 2011
Wondlan’s sporting a new Carbon Fiber Video camera Stabilizer and Vimeo member LJ Lee has a nice little review. I like the fact that it can be extended long enough to be used as a short monopod, something the Glidecam stabilizers won’t do. It also has a ready quick release system to get the camera off. The top stage has all the adjustments for front / back / left / right to find the center of balance, but the lower sled doesn’t look wide enough to prevent the common twisting motion.
Most Steadicam type stabilizer have a long bottom sled which increases the area for the turning axis (something like that). If you have all of the weight too close to the center of the post, it can easily drift, twitch, or jerk while walking. The handle looks a little small also, something that might be a comfort concern for those with large hands. There isn’t a whole lot of sample footage in the video, but for the small movements it seems to work pretty well. Of course there’s a lot of practice and skill involved to pull off good footage too. [Thanks LJ] The Wondlan Carbon Stabilizer is already available following the link (click here).
Wondlan Carbon DSLR Video Camera Steadicam Stabilizer
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Flycam Carbon Fiber C5 Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- New – Wondlan Mini Camera Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- DIY Glidecam / Monopod Modification » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC