Wondlan Carbon Fiber DSLR Video Camera Stabilizer
November 28, 2011
Wondlan’s sporting a new Carbon Fiber Video camera Stabilizer and Vimeo member LJ Lee has a nice little review. I like the fact that it can be extended long enough to be used as a short monopod, something the Glidecam stabilizers won’t do. It also has a ready quick release system to get the camera off. The top stage has all the adjustments for front / back / left / right to find the center of balance, but the lower sled doesn’t look wide enough to prevent the common twisting motion.
Most Steadicam type stabilizer have a long bottom sled which increases the area for the turning axis (something like that). If you have all of the weight too close to the center of the post, it can easily drift, twitch, or jerk while walking. The handle looks a little small also, something that might be a comfort concern for those with large hands. There isn’t a whole lot of sample footage in the video, but for the small movements it seems to work pretty well. Of course there’s a lot of practice and skill involved to pull off good footage too. [Thanks LJ] The Wondlan Carbon Stabilizer is already available following the link (click here).
Wondlan Carbon DSLR Video Camera Steadicam Stabilizer
- Flycam Carbon Fiber C5 Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- New – Wondlan Mini Camera Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- DIY Glidecam / Monopod Modification » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime