Wondlan Carbon Fiber DSLR Video Camera Stabilizer
November 28, 2011
Wondlan’s sporting a new Carbon Fiber Video camera Stabilizer and Vimeo member LJ Lee has a nice little review. I like the fact that it can be extended long enough to be used as a short monopod, something the Glidecam stabilizers won’t do. It also has a ready quick release system to get the camera off. The top stage has all the adjustments for front / back / left / right to find the center of balance, but the lower sled doesn’t look wide enough to prevent the common twisting motion.
Most Steadicam type stabilizer have a long bottom sled which increases the area for the turning axis (something like that). If you have all of the weight too close to the center of the post, it can easily drift, twitch, or jerk while walking. The handle looks a little small also, something that might be a comfort concern for those with large hands. There isn’t a whole lot of sample footage in the video, but for the small movements it seems to work pretty well. Of course there’s a lot of practice and skill involved to pull off good footage too. [Thanks LJ] The Wondlan Carbon Stabilizer is already available following the link (click here).
Wondlan Carbon DSLR Video Camera Steadicam Stabilizer
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
- Flycam Carbon Fiber C5 Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- New – Wondlan Mini Camera Stabilizer » CheesyCam
- DIY Glidecam / Monopod Modification » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Harry on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Alex Talis on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Petter Sand on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- AO&JO Photography on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?