Wieldy HDV PRO Iron Triangle Carbon Fiber Video Camera Stabilizer
November 28, 2012
A few others have already received their Wieldy stabilizers and have also posted up little video reviews like YouTube member Nitsan Simantov and YouTube member Chrisbottrellphoto. I received my version quite a while ago, but am only getting to posting something now. Here’s a closer look at what these new Wieldy Carbon Fiber Video Camera Stabilizers have to offer.
I compare it side by side against the more expensive Glidecam HD4000 which runs for about $569 (seen here), while this new Carbon Fiber Wieldy can be found for just $250 US (found here). In the video (above) I even show how similar the counterweights are, that they can be exchanged with one another. [Update: I noticed prices have gone up since my purchase]
Besides the affordable price, the new Wieldy has several features the Glidecam HD series stabilizer don’t provide such as an adjustable Gimbal, non-rotating sled, and carbon fiber post. Other popular features found on the more expensive Glidecam HD like fine-tuning knobs (trim), adjustable sled weights, and quick release stage has been designed into this Wieldy almost exactly. Overall a great product for the price, and it performs well. Additional information, photos, and other video examples of the Carbon Wieldy Stabilizer in use can be seen following the link to the product page via eBay (Click Here).
Wieldy DV Pro Iron Triangle Stabilizer
You can also find the Wieldy bundled with a dual arm stabilizer from another seller. It’s being rebranded under the name ‘CAME’ (terrible name). A few listings from this seller show the dual arm vest bundled with this same Wieldy Carbon Fiber stabilizer (Click Here).
Dual Arm Support Vest with Carbon Stabilizer
For reference you can find various Glidecam HD Series Stabilizers for sale via B&H (Click Here).
Glidecam HD1000, HD2000, HD4000 Video Stabilizers
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- More Wieldy Carbon Fiber Stabilizers Available » CheesyCam
- NEW Dual Arm Stabilizer Vest vs Steadicam Merlin Vest » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC