Tripod to Shoulder Support
September 29, 2010
Vimeo member Stanislav submitted this tip on holding a tripod for extra stability. I know this isn’t the most advanced thing on this blog, but you’ll be surprised how many people will find this useful. Let’s not forget our budget film making roots. I’ve used this method myself a couple of times when in a pinch and any stabilizer is better than nothing. His video says Shoulder Rig, but it’s more of a ‘Shoulder Support’. Using the same 717AH fluid head, he’s taking advantage of the lengthy pan handle as if it were a DSLR shooter. You might think this would be crazy heavy, but looks like he’s purchased a set of the FT6826T Carbon Fiber Tripod legs, keeping things light.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Robert A on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- DomSim on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- keri on Cyber Monday LED2000 Bi-Color Special – Dracast
- Tiko on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- Emm on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- Emm on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- T22 on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- Todd on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts