Vimeo member Stanislav submitted this tip on holding a tripod for extra stability. I know this isn’t the most advanced thing on this blog, but you’ll be surprised how many people will find this useful. Let’s not forget our budget film making roots. I’ve used this method myself a couple of times when in a pinch and any stabilizer is better than nothing. His video says Shoulder Rig, but it’s more of a ‘Shoulder Support’. Using the same 717AH fluid head, he’s taking advantage of the lengthy pan handle as if it were a DSLR shooter. You might think this would be crazy heavy, but looks like he’s purchased a set of the FT6826T Carbon Fiber Tripod legs, keeping things light.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- rgbcolor on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Dan on F&V Metica 7″ HDMI+SDI Plus and SpectraHD 4 EVF
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?