Vimeo member Stanislav submitted this tip on holding a tripod for extra stability. I know this isn’t the most advanced thing on this blog, but you’ll be surprised how many people will find this useful. Let’s not forget our budget film making roots. I’ve used this method myself a couple of times when in a pinch and any stabilizer is better than nothing. His video says Shoulder Rig, but it’s more of a ‘Shoulder Support’. Using the same 717AH fluid head, he’s taking advantage of the lengthy pan handle as if it were a DSLR shooter. You might think this would be crazy heavy, but looks like he’s purchased a set of the FT6826T Carbon Fiber Tripod legs, keeping things light.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- J Toha on F&V Spectra HD4 4.3″ Pro EVF LCD w/ HDMI SDI Loop Through and Conversion
- Mario Ayuso on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Terry Burnham on The Fluorescent Ring Light Review
- Jacob Osborn on Design changes for 600 LED Light Panels?
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Daniel Hughes on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- stevehoose on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- mike on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus