Tripod to Shoulder Support
September 29, 2010
Vimeo member Stanislav submitted this tip on holding a tripod for extra stability. I know this isn’t the most advanced thing on this blog, but you’ll be surprised how many people will find this useful. Let’s not forget our budget film making roots. I’ve used this method myself a couple of times when in a pinch and any stabilizer is better than nothing. His video says Shoulder Rig, but it’s more of a ‘Shoulder Support’. Using the same 717AH fluid head, he’s taking advantage of the lengthy pan handle as if it were a DSLR shooter. You might think this would be crazy heavy, but looks like he’s purchased a set of the FT6826T Carbon Fiber Tripod legs, keeping things light.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Ant on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Rushdi Baharum on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- chaouchnabil on CAMETV 8000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Supports Large and Heavier Camera Systems
- Ivan on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Apostolos on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest
- MarkR on New Upgraded CAME-TV 7800 Model Overview
- kuban on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card