Here’s an overview of the new Switronix PocketBase power solution for the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera that runs from common and affordable Canon LP-E6 batteries.
Though it is functional and probably the most affordable off-the-shelf power solution for the BMPC (currently), I can’t say that it has all it’s bells & whistles in place. The LP-E6 batteries don’t have an actual lock, which might be a concern when running around with a BMPC in hand.
In order to get to your SD Card, you’ll need to get the camera off the PocketBase by first removing the left side battery to access the unusual thumb screw. I think anyone using this will quickly add some type of QR system. If all of this is too cumbersome, at least the entire PocketBase can be relocated a short distance from the BMPC with the provided long cable.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- martin on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Emm on Sony RX100 Mark II Portable Macro Setup
- Jon on NEW Sony Alpha a7II with 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- chris on SD Error microSDXC Card Requirements GoPro HERO4
- Luca Olivari on Sony RX100 Mark II Portable Macro Setup
- Mike M. on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones
- David Peterson on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones
- Emm on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones