Here’s an overview of the new Switronix PocketBase power solution for the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera that runs from common and affordable Canon LP-E6 batteries.
Though it is functional and probably the most affordable off-the-shelf power solution for the BMPC (currently), I can’t say that it has all it’s bells & whistles in place. The LP-E6 batteries don’t have an actual lock, which might be a concern when running around with a BMPC in hand.
In order to get to your SD Card, you’ll need to get the camera off the PocketBase by first removing the left side battery to access the unusual thumb screw. I think anyone using this will quickly add some type of QR system. If all of this is too cumbersome, at least the entire PocketBase can be relocated a short distance from the BMPC with the provided long cable.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- OldCorpse on Sound Shark Audio Mini Parabolic Dish for Lavalier Microphones
- OldCorpse on Aputure 672 LED Light Panel Product Overview
- tom on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Akira on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing
- Derek McCabe on Aputure 672 LED Light Panel Product Overview
- Ewan on Aputure 672 LED Light Panel Product Overview
- Jerry on Aputure 672 LED Light Panel Product Overview
- Emm on Aputure 672 LED Light Panel Product Overview