Rotating Video Shot with Model
October 26, 2011
I happened across a small forum over at http://videocopilot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&p=257799 where they were wondering how this rotating shot was done above. They seem to be going more towards large circular dolly tracks huge sets, with rotating backgrounds. All too complicated.
I’m not a registered forum guy, but hopefully someone will see this and answer their questions about how it was done. I worked on a very similar shot before using a green screen background, and that’s the reason I came up with this little doo-hickey here: http://cheesycam.com/motorized-lazy-susan-heavy-duty/.
The fan was placed in front of the model and also on the rotating lazy susan to keep the hair blowing away from her face as she rotates. Look closely at the catch light in her eyes (reflection) and you can see the lights don’t rotate with her. She’s definitely on a rotating lazy susan platform. Hope this helps guys…
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Robert A on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- DomSim on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- keri on Cyber Monday LED2000 Bi-Color Special – Dracast
- Tiko on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- Emm on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- Emm on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- T22 on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- Todd on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts