Panasonic GF2 Compact 4/3 Camera
May 1, 2011
I’ve been shopping for a smaller point and shoot type camera and was really leaning towards Fuji’s sexy new rangefinder like X100. The disaster in Japan delayed inventory on the Fuji, and to my benefit has given me more time to think about this next camera. I’ve come to realize that the Fuji X100 is just too high priced and comes with a fixed lens that I might outgrow quickly. Instead, I went for Panasonic’s latest GF2 Micro Four Thirds camera. Sure it’s technically NOT a point and shoot, but i’ll be working mainly with a Lumix 14mm f/2.5 Lens, the LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 or if I could ever afford the Voigtlander 25mm F/0.95.
Shown with optional EVF – Electronic View Finder
The GF2 is a replacement for the popular GF1, and carries the label as the smallest interchangeable lens camera with a built in flash. Even with the built in flash, there’s a hot shoe to support an optional EVF, or if I wanted to mount a bracket to support a Zoom H1 and Rode VideoMic. The GF2 comes in with quite a few new specs over the GF1 including full 1080p Video and touchscreen controls. (The video above should give you an idea of it’s capabilities)
As soon as it comes in, i’ll give it a good run through. After many weeks of research and checking out all the reviews and samples, i’m pretty happy with my decision. Especially because it comes in at half the price of the Fuji X100, and I still have the ability to interchange and adapt just about any lens on the market.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- Fuji X100 Now Shipping – Price Increasing » CheesyCam
- C Mount Lens Tests on GF1 » CheesyCam
- Smaller ILC Cameras – GF3 NEX-C3 » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer
- NATHANIEL OKRAH on Rode VideoMic GO On-Camera Shotgun Microphone
- Leandro on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light Test
- Emm on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Joachim Lindenmann on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC