New Gear – Swivi LCD View Finder
September 10, 2012
If you’ve used one before, you’ll know how important a simple LCD View Finder is when shooting DSLR Video outdoors on a bright sunny day. Or how an LCD View Finder can add additional stability as another point of contact during hand held shooting. For cameras like the Canon 5D Mark III, there aren’t many options. For under $30 dollars you’ll find the the cheaper magnetic stick on types and for over $230 dollars you’ll find one or two other great options. Here’s a new LCD View Finder available at Carry Speed at an introductory price of just $120 dollars
Fits on most DSLR cameras with a 3″ LCD, but from corner to corner it’s actually 3.11″ inches, so it’s almost perfect on cameras like the Canon 5D Mark III. The brackets are designed to adjust for a variety of different cameras, something shooters will appreciate if you own more than one model (Nikon, Canon, Sony).
(Above) Perfect fit on a Nikon D7000 with or without OEM Battery Grip!
(Above video) Fits perfectly on Canon T4i / 650D with or without Battery Grip.
Without the battery grip, you can still access the Battery Door on a Canon T4i.
The new Carry Speed View Finder can flip up to be used as a quick sunshade, and locks in place when closed. There’s a built in diopter, build in lens cap, and attaches to the camera through a quick release base plate system.
Very solid mount to the camera, yet easy to unlock and remove entirely. The base plate is Arca Swiss designed to attach to most Arca Swiss tripods, and has a few 1/4-20 threads for mounting other QR plates. Find out more about the LCD View Finder at the product page (here).
Carry Speed LCD View Finder
- ViewFinders for Canon 5D Mark III? » CheesyCam
- Carry Speed VF-3 View Finder – Available Today » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Tery Wilson on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Alex on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Digital Dub on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- JKPinPDX on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Hawkeye Pierce on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Barry on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Emm on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording