Cokin Flexible Budget Filters
April 5, 2010
For Photography you get much more dynamic range to edit the image into different exposures and even tweak some colors. With video, you have only so much dynamic range before the video footage starts to lose important quality. So with video, it’s best to get the correct color and exposure right from the start.
Cokin Filters are very flexible for the photographer or videographer on a budget. You get the right filter adapter, and you’ll be able to mount the filter holder on all of your lenses. This saves you big bucks from buying a seperate expensive filter for every filter size you might own. Of course these are based on resin (plastic) materials, so they maintaining sharpness won’t be like what can be achieved from the $400 dollar glass filters. I’m not a fan of color changing filters, but I do own several Cokin ND Gradual Filters to help balance the bright sun with a darker beach during a sunset. These ND filters are also ’stackable’ so that you can multiply how dark you want your exposure.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing
- SameGame on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Ema on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing
- Apostolos on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Dave Grant on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- g-dot on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Konova Peter on Konova Tripod Stability Arm for Video Sliders
- Emm on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal