Modified Flycam Arm Brace with Skyler MiniCam Stabilizer
August 8, 2012
I first purchased a used first gen Skyler Minicam and enjoyed it so much, I went out and purchased the latest model (then sold off the older one). It’s a tiny little stabilizer that packs up small, performs excellently, and has amazing build qualities. Unfortunately it’s a bit expensive compared to other stabilizers, so i’m happy to see another person like Carl Pendle from www.carlpendle.com using it. I’m not alone in this world..
This time Carl shows how to modify the Flycam Armbrace to fit the Skyler MiniCam for extended flight times. After the modification, he also shows a clever sling he uses to help him carry the entire weight, and stick around to the end for some fine examples of his Skyler Minicam in use. [Thanks Carl]. I have some additional information about the Skyler Minicam vs. Glidecam vs. Flycam (seen here) if you’re still wondering what some differences could be.
- Sony RX100 Wide Angle Lens MagFilter Adapter Skyler MiniCam » CheesyCam
- XMAS Sale on Skyler MiniCam » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Tery Wilson on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Alex on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Digital Dub on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- JKPinPDX on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Hawkeye Pierce on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Barry on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Emm on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording