There’s about a dozen USB remotes sold as a USB Follow Focus System, but this particular one lacks lens focus controls and just throws in some basic functions. This one was designed to mount close to your rig handle so that you can access common settings like ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Zoom Focus, Start / Stop Video Mode, etc.
Don’t be confused by some of the listings, it’s obvious they don’t know what they are talking about and list it to be a follow focus controller (wrong!). This looks like the Okii MC1 controller, except it’s about $100 dollars less. I like this particular handle design over those ugly round Canon USB Follow focuses but i’m still not sold on paying so much for this type of remote. You can find additional info about these Canon USB Video Remotes on eBay following the link (click here).
Canon mini USB Camera Control
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Kyle Gordon on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Jesse Brauning on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Emm on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Juan Pinalez on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Lorenzo on Running Wires through CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal + Project Box Cover
- Steve Ellington on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- J Toha on F&V Spectra HD4 4.3″ Pro EVF LCD w/ HDMI SDI Loop Through and Conversion