Listec PW-04 Mobile Portable Teleprompter
January 28, 2014
A teleprompter may not be for everyone, but if you’ve got a set of important bullet points to cover, or a script that has to be hammered out by your talent, a simple teleprompter can be a huge time saver. Here’s a look at the Listec PW-04 Portable Teleprompter that works with a simple smart phone.
Using a quality ‘glass’ beam splitter is important. Not just for optimal reflection of your scrolling text. Cheaper versions made with acrylic can soften your image and often require you to boost your ISO (increase noise) as it cuts out light entering the lens.
I own several large prompters today, but a pain to setup and travel with. I actually saw this Listec over at WPPI last year, and when I saw this Listec PW-04 on sale (-$120 dollars right now) I just had to grab one. This works seamlessly with the coverage I do using the GH3 camera + 12-35mm F/2.8 OIS lens.
[Note: the 12-35mm F/2.8 also works with the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera]
If you want to use this with larger DSLR cameras like Canon, the 50mm F/1.4 also uses a 58mm thread, so it would work perfectly. The system packs up nicely, sets up quick, and can be used handheld or tripod mounted. Albeit small, it’s very usable from a distance and allows your talent to look directly into the lens maintaining good solid eye contact with the audience viewing the final video.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Lorenzo P. on Studio Assets PXB PORTABLE BACKGROUND SYSTEM
- TEJH on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Apostolos on AmazonBasics are More Affordable AA Rechargeable Batteries over Sanyo Eneloop
- Emm on Studio Assets PXB PORTABLE BACKGROUND SYSTEM
- Lainol on Studio Assets PXB PORTABLE BACKGROUND SYSTEM
- Emm on Stream Wireless Video from Canon DSLR to HDMI Monitor with $30 Dollar Google Chromecast
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Trey on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?