Listec PW-04 Mobile Portable Teleprompter
January 28, 2014
A teleprompter may not be for everyone, but if you’ve got a set of important bullet points to cover, or a script that has to be hammered out by your talent, a simple teleprompter can be a huge time saver. Here’s a look at the Listec PW-04 Portable Teleprompter that works with a simple smart phone.
Using a quality ‘glass’ beam splitter is important. Not just for optimal reflection of your scrolling text. Cheaper versions made with acrylic can soften your image and often require you to boost your ISO (increase noise) as it cuts out light entering the lens.
I own several large prompters today, but a pain to setup and travel with. I actually saw this Listec over at WPPI last year, and when I saw this Listec PW-04 on sale (-$120 dollars right now) I just had to grab one. This works seamlessly with the coverage I do using the GH3 camera + 12-35mm F/2.8 OIS lens.
[Note: the 12-35mm F/2.8 also works with the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera]
If you want to use this with larger DSLR cameras like Canon, the 50mm F/1.4 also uses a 58mm thread, so it would work perfectly. The system packs up nicely, sets up quick, and can be used handheld or tripod mounted. Albeit small, it’s very usable from a distance and allows your talent to look directly into the lens maintaining good solid eye contact with the audience viewing the final video.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Emm on SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Adapter with Sony RX10 Mark II
- Jeremy Dulac on SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x Anamorphic Lens Adapter with Sony RX10 Mark II
- Ivar on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- alex on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Tex Willer on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- David on Quick Tip Pop Up Diffusion for LED Lighting – Use a White Hamper
- Oz on Benro S2 S4 Video Head and New Video Monopods