Gini New Follow Focus System
October 15, 2011
This morning I woke up and literally slapped myself in the head for finally figuring something out that should have been pretty obvious from the start. A few months ago Gini DSLR Rigs began working on a few prototype follow focus system that attached only to one rail. The first versions were based on a Huco gearbox, which is the same stuff found in old RedRock Micro Follow Focus systems. Gini eventually ditched the Huco gearbox and began working on a second design with a different gearbox.
Through this process there were unfinished versions so it wasn’t clear about the direction this follow focus was heading. Now that there are more recent images of the new Follow Focus, I finally figured out the inspiration for this design! (Slaps ForeHead) The entire time the follow focus was being developed, it was based on the Cinevate Durus Follow Focus system. Single Rail mount, adjustable marking point, the removable marking disc, knob design, and latest gearbox design. In fact the new Gini Lens gears are also a tribute to Cinevates universal lens gears. Here’s a side by side on the FFs.
Hands down, the Cinevate Durus Follow Focus is the best Follow Focus i’ve used under $1300 dollars. If you want something rock solid, literally ZERO Backlash, and built to last for years don’t hesitate on any of Cinevate’s equipment. They make the best sliders, Matte Boxes, Follow Focus systems, and more. Customer service behind all their equipment is a big added bonus. Find more of Cinevate products (click here).
From looking at all the other photos, Gini truly appears to have been inspired around the Cinevate Durus, but the question is how closely has the new FF followed in actual design? Gearbox design? You can see all the new additional photos following the link (click here).
Gini i Focus Follow Focus
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Daniel on Juicedlink Finally Releases Little DARling Portable Audio Recorder
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage
- Jeep66 on Weird 60p HDMI Output on Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII to BlackMagic Video Assist Recorder Monitor
- Tirmu on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Jim on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- earnestreply on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Nathan on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration