This morning I woke up and literally slapped myself in the head for finally figuring something out that should have been pretty obvious from the start. A few months ago Gini DSLR Rigs began working on a few prototype follow focus system that attached only to one rail. The first versions were based on a Huco gearbox, which is the same stuff found in old RedRock Micro Follow Focus systems. Gini eventually ditched the Huco gearbox and began working on a second design with a different gearbox.
Through this process there were unfinished versions so it wasn’t clear about the direction this follow focus was heading. Now that there are more recent images of the new Follow Focus, I finally figured out the inspiration for this design! (Slaps ForeHead) The entire time the follow focus was being developed, it was based on the Cinevate Durus Follow Focus system. Single Rail mount, adjustable marking point, the removable marking disc, knob design, and latest gearbox design. In fact the new Gini Lens gears are also a tribute to Cinevates universal lens gears. Here’s a side by side on the FFs.
Hands down, the Cinevate Durus Follow Focus is the best Follow Focus i’ve used under $1300 dollars. If you want something rock solid, literally ZERO Backlash, and built to last for years don’t hesitate on any of Cinevate’s equipment. They make the best sliders, Matte Boxes, Follow Focus systems, and more. Customer service behind all their equipment is a big added bonus. Find more of Cinevate products (click here).
From looking at all the other photos, Gini truly appears to have been inspired around the Cinevate Durus, but the question is how closely has the new FF followed in actual design? Gearbox design? You can see all the new additional photos following the link (click here).
Gini i Focus Follow Focus
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- pierre on PDMovie Remote Air Wireless Remote Follow Focus
- stevep on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- VanWeddings on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- TOM on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- Marc on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Nikita Pavlov on HDSLR EVF Holders and Manfrotto Base HDMI LOCK
- Emm on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Ed S on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor