Free Standing Monopod – Audio / Light Stand
June 12, 2011
Here’s a clever free standing Monopod that might be useful for more than just camera support. In the image they show a free standing DSLR with a long telephoto lens which is quite a bit of weight. Packs down to about 20 inches, much smaller and lighter than your basic light stand and with a mini ball head attached, it could also serve to hold a microphone, a portable audio recorder, or LED video light in place. Maximum height is approximately 4′ 6″.
Should be able to hold a portable Photo Flash when working on portraits or Macro photography, or maybe just throw a small camera off to the side for Time Lapsing an event while you run around shooting. I guess something like this would also work as an extra stabilizer towards the end of your Camera Slider. The Monopod works as a usual monopod, but if you need it in free standing mode, it has three legs that extend to a fairly stable tripod stand (unlike the small feet on the Manfrotto’s). If you’re in the market for a Monopod, this might be pretty a cool dual, triple, or quadruple purpose stand.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- editwizard on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- Bill on HUGE Savings on LEXAR CFast 2.0 3400X Media Cards
- Ryan Butt on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- getem on NAB 2015 – Fotodiox Expands Flapjack Edge lit LED Light Product Line
- Dalia on Canon 100mm Macro IS – Coffee Mug Replica
- krys on NAB 2015 – Fotodiox Expands Flapjack Edge lit LED Light Product Line
- Jamie on Best Quadcopter for 2015 – DJI Phantom 3 or 3DR Solo Smart Quadcopter?