Here’s a clever free standing Monopod that might be useful for more than just camera support. In the image they show a free standing DSLR with a long telephoto lens which is quite a bit of weight. Packs down to about 20 inches, much smaller and lighter than your basic light stand and with a mini ball head attached, it could also serve to hold a microphone, a portable audio recorder, or LED video light in place. Maximum height is approximately 4′ 6″.
Should be able to hold a portable Photo Flash when working on portraits or Macro photography, or maybe just throw a small camera off to the side for Time Lapsing an event while you run around shooting. I guess something like this would also work as an extra stabilizer towards the end of your Camera Slider. The Monopod works as a usual monopod, but if you need it in free standing mode, it has three legs that extend to a fairly stable tripod stand (unlike the small feet on the Manfrotto’s). If you’re in the market for a Monopod, this might be pretty a cool dual, triple, or quadruple purpose stand.
Like Subscribe Follow
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- MAGEtv on Deal: Mini Telescoping Video Crane Jib $169
- Archie on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
- Josh on World’s Fastest Zoom Lens Available to Order – Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8
- Jordan Thornsburg on DIY Pitchfork Pod – Monopod
- guy01 on Zoom H6 Digital Portable Handy Recorder with Modular Mic / Input
- MJ on DIY Pitchfork Pod – Monopod
- guy01 on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
- Steven O on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
B&H Photo Video
New Zoom H6