Exclusive New PNC Camera Handle Grips
November 16, 2011
(BTW: The video (below) was shot on the Fuji X10. Notice all the aliasing? I think the Sony HX9V shoots better video, but the X10 does way better Photos)
Even though small cameras don’t share the same video quality as the DSLRs, I still love to shoot with them. Especially for little reviews like this on the blog, i’m not overly concerned with quality. Heck most of my videos are uploaded in 480 SD. When shooting videos with small cameras, I like using grips. I wasn’t too happy with the current small handle grips on the market, so it was about time to make something new.
(left to right – Barska, Opteka, PNC Grip)
The Barska is a great handle, but you’ll need to grind down the threads a bit. The narrow platform overflows a small and wide camera base, but is suffice for light gear. The Opteka is mostly plastic and has a mini-quick release. This is not suitable at all for anything more than say a FlipHD. I wanted a handle that would fit my needs when it came to the cameras I was working with. I felt that most people who shoot with small cameras like me could benefit with an updated handle design.
These new handle grips from PhotographyandCinema.com have a wide base compared to the narrow ones available today. The new PNC Grip is much larger than the Barska, and has the rubberized coating which has a professional feel to it. The wide platform carries the weight better and ensures less twisting with a heavier load. Great for all the new small cameras like Canon S100, Panasonic GX1, Fuji X10, Sony NEX-5n, etc. A simple idea that makes a lot sense with the current trend in pocket video cameras (at least for me). It’s on the last leg of completion and should be available soon. Target retail price?? Trying to get it around $20 bucks. Follow me on Twitter to stay up to date on new products like this http://twitter.com/Cheesycam.
[Note: PhotographyandCinema.com is a website I design products for.]
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime