There’s only a handful of companies that offer DSLR Video Rigs with a Support Rod that helps carry the front heavy load of a Video Rig. Instead of having to add heavier counterweights to the rear of the rig, the rod and belt combination transfers the weight to the hips. You can see how the Waist Support Rod is used in the beginning of the video (below) on the DVTec Rig.
It’s not something you want to walk around with, but it will help to stabilizer slow moving or static shots. Internally the rod is spring loaded to reduce harsh bumps, and the top of the rod has a spring to allow a bit of tilt and roll. Varizoom, DVTec, and even Shape offer these waist support kits, but at a premium price. If this is something you’ve been looking into, there’s a company selling a similar kit on eBay now to help you save your back, but it will still run you about $68 bucks (click here).
DSLR Video Rig Waist Support Kit Rod Belt
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- MN on Mitakon Lens Turbo Nikon to MFT M43 Micro Four Thirds Adapter
- Emm on How to Balance 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Rabby on How to Balance 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera 12V Battery Plate DIY
- Mark on BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera 12V Battery Plate DIY
- Scott M on R-300 LED Ring Light Skin Tones
- Emm on First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
- Matt on How to Balance 3 Axis Brushless Motorized Gimbal Stabilizer
Black Friday Deals - Advertisement