There’s only a handful of companies that offer DSLR Video Rigs with a Support Rod that helps carry the front heavy load of a Video Rig. Instead of having to add heavier counterweights to the rear of the rig, the rod and belt combination transfers the weight to the hips. You can see how the Waist Support Rod is used in the beginning of the video (below) on the DVTec Rig.
It’s not something you want to walk around with, but it will help to stabilizer slow moving or static shots. Internally the rod is spring loaded to reduce harsh bumps, and the top of the rod has a spring to allow a bit of tilt and roll. Varizoom, DVTec, and even Shape offer these waist support kits, but at a premium price. If this is something you’ve been looking into, there’s a company selling a similar kit on eBay now to help you save your back, but it will still run you about $68 bucks (click here).
DSLR Video Rig Waist Support Kit Rod Belt
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- fugenie on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Roger Palmer on FotoDiox Excell+1 Nikon or Canon FD ‘Boosted’ Adapter
- Lee on PDMovie Remote Air Wireless Remote Follow Focus
- Aron J Anderson on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- FabDex on Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Solid State Deal
- Emm on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer
- Jiri K. on Review: Laing X-15 Vest Arm kit with Laing P-04 Video Stabilizer
- Bamaracas on Raydio Master iOS Professional Bluetooth Wireless Trigger