There’s only a handful of companies that offer DSLR Video Rigs with a Support Rod that helps carry the front heavy load of a Video Rig. Instead of having to add heavier counterweights to the rear of the rig, the rod and belt combination transfers the weight to the hips. You can see how the Waist Support Rod is used in the beginning of the video (below) on the DVTec Rig.
It’s not something you want to walk around with, but it will help to stabilizer slow moving or static shots. Internally the rod is spring loaded to reduce harsh bumps, and the top of the rod has a spring to allow a bit of tilt and roll. Varizoom, DVTec, and even Shape offer these waist support kits, but at a premium price. If this is something you’ve been looking into, there’s a company selling a similar kit on eBay now to help you save your back, but it will still run you about $68 bucks (click here).
DSLR Video Rig Waist Support Kit Rod Belt
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Andrew on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Kenji on Samsung NX1 4K Video Mirrorless Camera
- Luca on Control New Tascam DR-22WL DR-44WL Audio Recorders over Wi-Fi
- Will on Canon Announces new EOS 7D Mark II
- Emm on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Gordon Brown on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Alan on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors